MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt know where to post this, but the engine is at heart and thats a tuned T so this will do :p

Went to a Morgan track day today! :D.... lovely day, lovely people and I have found out that Morgans are indeed lovely cars!

My brother works for a morgan tuning company (mog sport) and so went with him and the car they finished yesterday which was a "four plus" (a rare 4 seater) with this Evolution T series. Only 9 of these engines I believe were made - 2 for tomcat's that did a 24 hour race and now in museams, one for dyno tests at 400 bhp which blew up, one for standard testing that did 2 hours then rested for 12 years and now in this morgan, one for my bro's boss which he put in his morgan and a couple others before BMW came in a said NO NO! :(

Anyways basically as its running a normal turbo and this morgan was mapped for max torque and drivability on roads and not just track and was putting out 225bhp with 200lbft torque, a stupid amount for a wooden car :p. My brothers boss's used to put out 250bhp.

My favourite car though that mog sport have done is a 4.6 litre Rover V8 (from a rangie) on throttle bodies :D:D:D this going round the track sounded totally amazing and on idle it was just to die for! :D

A few pics for you to see and the T Turbo had a lot of attention as its a very neat install :)

Attachments

G

·
Logical option for gearbox is the Rover SD1/TR7/Sherpa 5 speed with O series bellhousing. Fits straight on to an M or T.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not too sure Si which box it has on it and I forgot to ask. I have been invited to go and have a look round there workshop so if I remember I will ask :)

One thing I did learn is not to under estimate these little cars, they perform fantasicly imo :)

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Si220T said:
Any idea on the weight of it?
Oh jeez I did ask but alcohol has been consumed since then :eyes:

I got a feeling he said depending on the specific car they weigh about 900-950kg. IIRC as this was the four seater (if you can call it that!) it was 950kg but I will ask my brother :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts