MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi further to my question about fitting power steering, I see in the w/shop manual that it states not to remove the bracket that holds the ECU if the car has a passenger airbag. Any ideas as to why this is and how then can you mount the ECU unit in another car as I intend to. Any help and ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
My reading is that you can move the ECU (once powered down for 30 minutes), the link-harness, the mounting bracket and the passenger airbag to relocate to another car with no problem. Perhaps their concern is in the event you move the bracket and ECU to another vehicle without taking out the passenger airbag as well (and disposing of it).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My reading is that you can move the ECU (once powered down for 30 minutes), the link-harness, the mounting bracket and the passenger airbag to relocate to another car with no problem. Perhaps their concern is in the event you move the bracket and ECU to another vehicle without taking out the passenger airbag as well (and disposing of it).
Hi thanks for your input, so going on what you have said its that I have to transfer airbag from donor car. Cant I just remove the bracket and attach it my existing airbag rather than removing it? By what I can see the wiring harness already has the connectors in my car, so I thought it would just be a straight swop of the steering column and electrical connectors along with the ECU. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts