MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seen so many cars on the road sporting England flags, my 4 year old daughter asked when I would be getting some for our car.
I pointed out the "standard" Union Jacks on the side pillars and she was very impressed!
Just hope she doesn't decide to try and remove them when England crash out after the group stages...

·
Registered
mg_zt
182 Posts
kick hell out of the window seals so my wife tells me so been told in no uncertain terms we're not getting 'em.Never thought about the UJ's on back.

·
Registered
cityrover
261 Posts
mgztgreatcar said:
kick hell out of the window seals so my wife tells me so been told in no uncertain terms we're not getting 'em.Never thought about the UJ's on back.
Just to wind you sassenachs up the, Union Jack is for Great Britain, with the St Georges Flag for England. Anyway, here's wishing England well in the World Cup.
Regards from Scotland
Telfer.

·
Registered
rover_75
2,596 Posts
As a non-football fan I'll be glad when England get kicked out (which I guess will be pretty early on).

Before you flame me, I just think it's ironic the country can get so excited that a fairly average set of players are predestined to win when the opposite is so obviously likely and supported by 40 years of abject failure.

If only those same people had had the same faith in MGR or any other British buisness. But they didn't and are quite hapy to drive about with Chinese made flags stuck on French, German and Japanes cars.

Only in the UK.... :(

G

·
telferstr said:
Just to wind you sassenachs up the, Union Jack is for Great Britain, with the St Georges Flag for England. Anyway, here's wishing England well in the World Cup.
Regards from Scotland
Telfer.
If you're going to be pedantic, let's get the name right. It's the Union FLAG unless flown by the Royal Navy from one of Her Majesty's Ships.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Richard Moss said:
If you're going to be pedantic, let's get the name right. It's the Union FLAG unless flown by the Royal Navy from one of Her Majesty's Ships.
Spot on, well posted that man! :england: :lol:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Richard Moss said:
Ken75 - are you a Fishhead? I'm a former Crab myself.

No lived in Pompey and served with a lot of bootnecks in another life. Also done the Thursday war!

but it was foggy :rotflmao:

Also had dinner on HMS Victory bit of a stuffy affair to be honest and not my cup of tea.

Ken

·
Registered
341 Posts
With regard to the England flag, are some people so thick that they have to have England written across the flag,:shake: I thought that was the idea of the flag !!

maxi_crawf:england:

·
Registered
cityrover
261 Posts
Richard Moss said:
Well what is the Union then???? It was once Great Britain!! was it not. Anyway don't take life so seriously, it was only a little jibe to help the flow of lifes sweet tapestry.
Regards
Telfer.
PS
Union of the Crowns 1603
Union of the Parliments 1707
75s are great though and yes, were built in England. Give credit where credit is due. A GREAT BRITISH product.
Did I Shout there? Unfortunately we did not shout enough about how good it was when MG Rover needed us to. Again all part of lifes rich tapestry.

G

·
telferstr said:
Well what is the Union then???? It was once Great Britain!! was it not. Anyway don't take life so seriously, it was only a little jibe to help the flow of lifes sweet tapestry.
Regards
Telfer.
PS
Union of the Crowns 1603
Union of the Parliments 1707
I was refering to the (ubiquitous) incorrect use of the word "Jack", not commenting upon the word "Union" . Hence the word "FLAG" being in capitals not "Union".

However, if you REALLY want it picky, the Union Flag does NOT represent Great Britain, but in fact the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. NI is not part of GB but is part of the UK.

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
telferstr said:
75s are great though and yes, were built in England. Give credit where credit is due. A GREAT BRITISH product.
Out of Welsh steel.

Not sure what Scotland and Northern Ireland did on it? Maybe it should have the British flag on, not the Union Flag...

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Lord Minty said:
As a non-football fan I'll be glad when England get kicked out (which I guess will be pretty early on).

Before you flame me, I just think it's ironic the country can get so excited that a fairly average set of players are predestined to win when the opposite is so obviously likely and supported by 40 years of abject failure.

Only in the UK.... :(
They are actually a pretty good bunch of players.

They just have a manager that doesnt really get the best out of them and doesnt really understand the way the English play football.

In my humble opinion of course.

·
Registered
cityrover
261 Posts
Richard Moss said:
I was refering to the (ubiquitous) incorrect use of the word "Jack", not commenting upon the word "Union" . Hence the word "FLAG" being in capitals not "Union".

However, if you REALLY want it picky, the Union Flag does NOT represent Great Britain, but in fact the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. NI is not part of GB but is part of the UK.
As long as you are happy Richard, that's what matters.
However having spent last week-end in Northern Ireland, many over there most difinately think that it is part of Great Britain. But again don't lets get pedantic.
Just another thought. If we had a United Kingdom Team, we could all wave the same FLAG, the Union Flag and have the benefit of the combine skills from all corners of the Kingdom.
But in the last 400 years nobody has thought that through. I wonder why??
Anyway lets hope England do well in the World Cup.
Regards.
Telfer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
telferstr said:
Regards from Scotland
Telfer.
Is it right every scotman supports two teams......their favourite and whoevers playing England?

:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts