MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my mgf had a huge hgf. cam belt snapped, piston is no where to be found con rod gone. engine is a hell of a mess.
i need an engine, but have been looking at other options.

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
what kind of budget do u have??

options are available..... anything is doable as long as u can afford it.but there must be far better options than a ford zetec engine. :)

why not a honda s2k or ctr. its been done before, or just get another mgf engine, be it the standard 1.8, or even lose half your petrol tank and whallop a V6 in.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hgf and the cambelt snapping are 2 different things! If you had a huge hgf, why were you still driving? And you must have been doing motorway speeds to assume you did that much damage to the conrod and pistons!! If the belt snapped i can only say it was down to the driver not checking to see if they needed changing! The only way i can see 'just happening' would be if there was an il leak onto the belt, causing it to weaken.
Engines from th 75, Freelander and Rover 218 as well as the MGF and MGTF will all fit, if that helps to broaden your search a little.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Whereabouts are you based, and what MGF is it? Im looking for a donor car, so if you decide another engine is too much hassle, I may be able to buy yours and you can put that towards a replacement F (instead of scrapping it!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.