MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys this is going to be done ;)

Just wondering what else im going to need... i have the bare engine here (head and block) no inlet manifold, pas pump, loom etc.... but i can use the one from my 1.6 so im told etc.

So guys......... what else am i going to need? one person says swap the flywheel from my 1.6 to it to stop the alarm going mad. And thats it. Oh also some manifold gasket ?

But other people have told me that i will need the ECU from a 1.8 and then to keep the 1.8 flywheel in, they say i will also need the fob for the old engine?

Im v. confused.

Is it an easy thing to do.. i could save myself some serious dosh doing it myself what do you need to do to swap and engine over ??

Anyway no doubt someone like major will come and hammer this thread.
Cheers Guys!
Deaney :rocker:

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Not sure if you can use your current ECU, but as you keep using your gearbox (at least you didn't mention you have another gearbox), you'll use the flywheel from the 1.6 as well, so that won't give much trouble.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I ve read on various forums from people that have done it, that you could keep the ecu and change the injectors for some 1.8 ones (referred to as 'straw' coloured). Haven't tried it myself, so confirm it with somebody else too, before going ahead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts