MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing eBay and I found this item so I went in search for more information about the product:

MG ZS 1.0 GDI & 1.5 VTi-TECH - 40 BHP TUNING CHIP UPGRADE
MG ZS 1.0 GDI & 1.5 VTi-TECH - 40 BHP TUNING CHIP UPGRADE
  • Model: MG5624
£49.95

Performance chip with added fuel saving, giving smoother running, more power and better MPG on all MG ZS 1.0 and 1.5 Petrol engines.
This very effective modification will allow you to safely and reliably boost the power output of your MG engine, without the need for an expensive and irreversible remap. It consists of a small electronic chip that will give up to 40 BHP and 50+nm of torque when connected to just two of your vehicles MAF/MAP sensor wires. Unlike other performance chips available you do not need to open up the vehicles main electronic control unit or ECU to fit. You will notice the improvement in power instantly, no need to have expensive tuning work done.
  • Works on all electronic fuel injected petrol, diesel, lpg, turbocharged and supercharged vehicles.
  • Gives smoother running and up to 15% better MPG depending on your driving style.
  • Comes with detailed fitting instructions with photos that apply to every vehicle make and model. NOTE: The instructions supplied are in English only.
  • Very discreet mod, easily hidden, very tough and robust that will last for many years.
  • The device easily connects to just two of your vehicles MAF/MAP sensor wires using only pliers to compress the simple easy to use connectors.
BHP and TORQUE gain: According to the manufactures info, this unit will help your MG ZS 1.0 or 1.5 gain 40 BHP sometimes more depending on the potential of your vehicles engine and also 50+nm of torque. The more power your vehicle produces the more it will gain from this unit. This unit is enhanced even more with the addition of performance exhausts and air filters.
  • How does it work? Here's how it works, MG ZS 1.0 and 1.5 engines are made to operate within a wide range of environmental tolerances and to comply with various standards and emission laws allowing sale and use in different countries worldwide. Our device works the same way as a remap and other more expensive eprom chips from Superchips etc. by adjusting the timing curves and optimising your MG's air/fuel ratio for optimal performance using the modern fuel quality available in your country.
    The device operates at very low voltages and never exceeds what your MG ZS 1.0 or 1.5 engine can handle. It can also be removed at any time in minutes to revert to standard settings, unlike a remap.
    Why so cheap? To keep costs down there is no retail packaging included, the device is supplied in the basic sealed bag with instructions, also we buy in very large quantities direct from the manufacturer which means more savings can be passed on to our customers.
Choosing this tuning chip for your vehicle instead of an expensive ECU remap is not only much cheaper but is also a safer, more reliable and completely reversible way to achieve more power and better economy. All our devices are rigorously tested, extremely tough and made to last many years in the demanding environment of your vehicles engine bay, they can easily be transferred or removed in minutes unlike a remap which is permanent.

Buy with total confidence from a respectable, long established family business.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The engine used in the 1.5 litre model needs to be revved hard in both 1st and 2nd gear in order to get some sort of kinetic energy going so I was wondering if this is £50 well spent or it's just like snake oil like the Nitro ODB2 was found to be:

Reverse engineering of the Nitro OBD2

Here's the science behind the modification of the MAF/MAP sensor wires:

A Simple MAP/MAF Enhancer

Here's a YouTube video with a mythbuster:

Cheers..

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
Overpriced junk to fool the engine into delivering more fuel. In reality probably does not even so that. Just a chip solders to a circuit board.

I wouldn't put that on a 15 year old car let alone new one.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Overpriced junk to fool the engine into delivering more fuel. In reality probably does not even so that. Just a chip solders to a circuit board.

I wouldn't put that on a 15 year old car let alone new one.
After reading more about these types of devices I came to the same conclusion that they most likely work on the placebo effect.

The fact that such devices exist and are being sold means that there are sadly some people out there whom are suckered in to this.

I suppose it's like the fuel companies trying to sell you a more expensive fuel when your car will probably work just as good with the lower priced one.

In my own experience my ZS works the same with either 95 RON or 99 RON.

Cheers..

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Rubbish junk IMHO... :(

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I notice that it is suitable for the HS both 1.5 and 2 ltr. Have I missed something?
The HS in China has the 2 litre engine that was also used in the GS 2WD and 4WD models.

It's known as the NLE (new large engine) and is not based on any GM technology.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What cracks me up and that they confidently mention a 40 BHP upgrade which without any sort of serious modifications to the engine is never going to work.

Probably the total cost of manufacturer is less than £5.

Cheers..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts