MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question asked by my sister.. :p here goes.. i dont know myself, so..

SHe was looking at cars today, and wants a 1.2 Corsa she has seen (old style) I looked in the engine bay for ehr and i seen the oil cap had mayo stuck to it (inside) and abit on the rims, if it was all scraped up it would be the size of uhmm.. a brussell sprout :D haha.. is this a big problem? fixable? not too much to worry about? Etc etc, can it still be ok? I've no clue.. cheers.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
could be the result of short journeys, but does sound head gasket related. corsa's are ten a penny. if you have doubts walk away.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.. hmm.. well its a had scenario.. She had a 1.0 Micra (old style) he literally died. Its naffed.. even i can say that, and her company will buy her a car within 1 grand worth.. so she eneds one ASAP. She has seen this corsa.. and eneds to know by tonight, Tomorrow morning latest.. :( im stuck what to tell her, if to go for it or not.. When we took it for a drive, it seemed perfect..

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Yup ffs don't buy a lemon, it's not worth the hassle. Any doubts, walk away. Last thing you wanna do is stand the £400 for a HG fail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts