MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

would the engine out of 1996 rover 420 gsi or a v reg 2 L be the same as the 1.8 K series apart from the 200cc extra???? fitment and so on

what will i need to change ecu? gear box ? anything else

need one for my freelander which is running a PG1 box
any ideas please

thank you

dean

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
No, they would be completely different engines. The 2.0 T-Series engine is a different design to the relatively modern 1.8 K-Series.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I don't think that a T series was ever fitted to a Freelander, so you might have some real fitting problems, plus insurance will be a nightmare. Have you not been able to find a 1.8 K series for that yet?
Jim

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
No, the T-Series was never fitted to the Freelander.

The L-Series Diesel was, prior to it being replaced with the BMW unit. Otherwise, petrol wise, it was just 1.8 K-Series and 2.5 KV6 mated to an automatic gearbox.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
A shame that they didn't launch the Freelander earlier with the 2.0 T-Series - would have made a formidable 4x4 - especially in 2.0 Turbo form :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think that a T series was ever fitted to a Freelander, so you might have some real fitting problems, plus insurance will be a nightmare. Have you not been able to find a 1.8 K series for that yet?
Jim

no not yet been looking at the diesel convert option and back to petrol but the 1.8 K series is like rocking horse **** to get decent one at right £

might attempt a 2L turbo petrol if one comes up at right £££

see what turns up and thanks again for the info guys

dean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts