MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased a nice engine brace off of ebay and owner says it bolts straight on....wondered if its top or bottom as im sure i saw a pic with it on above engine.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Not sure the F ever had a brace - I thought that was only ever on the TF?

Even if thats right though, I'm sure you could easily make it fit though with a dill and a few nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
I was lucky to get the coveted DieselDestroyer Front Towel Rail Brace, model 002 no doubt, was worth a laugh.

·
Registered
mgf
853 Posts
Not sure the F ever had a brace - I thought that was only ever on the TF?

Even if thats right though, I'm sure you could easily make it fit though with a dill and a few nuts and bolts.
Your right never put on the F only TF. I have an F and bought a set in Silverstone MG Live, just had to bolt to the boot panel, but the holes were there under the engine cover for the other end of the braces.:respect:

·
Registered
mg_tf
7 Posts
Hallo everybody! Those braces are intended to increase the stiffness of the body, correct? How can they do it, been the holes on the rear side shaped like bottonholes? I don't know if I'm expressing myself correctly... But take a look at them, the part of the brace connected to the boot has not a normal round hole, so they can play as much as they want around the bolt that should fix them together. I pointed my attention there because my TF makes bad noises when I do sharp corners or any movement can stress the frame. I have checked for years the rear suspensions, even changing some parts, now I am wondering that noise might come from the frame, maybe from those braces.
What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Marco

1 - 5 of 5 Posts