MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the Birmingham Mail and it seems that they have started to rip down the rest of the Longbridge site! Dismantling CAB 1 and 2 and Elephant House but keeping the Kremlin.

Sad sad days!

·
Registered
2006 MG ZR +120 (HQM) 2004 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,163 Posts
Demolition had originally been due to start in November last year, but was delayed and was then due to start 13/01/2020.

According to an article on AROnline, they are intending retaining several of the buildings that have historical interest. The Roundhouse, and a section of CAB1 are specifically mentioned.

I'm not sure what is still in use by SAIC/MG Motor at present, but the last that I knew the MG Longbridge Sales Centre occupied the Elephant House and part of the Kremlin (I assume it is still there as it is still on the current MG Motor dealer list on their website), and a section of the offices within CAB1 were also being used - if that's still the case, it also would explain why the Kremlin and part of CAB1 are specifically mentioned to avoid demolition??

I assume that having spent what they did on setting up the Technical Center in one of the nearby buildings, they would also be keeping that in operation too?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts