MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you may have seen my other threads about my piece of junk car. Head gasket, alternator, all belts, starter motor all recently replaced. It runs beautifully now... better than ive ever had it... apart fom the fact that i have to bump start it if i want to use it!

The problem wasnt the starter motor, and im getting a feeling its not the electrics now, just from information ive heard from people.

ANY ideas as to what it could be? I need a professional opinion, not a 17 year old saying "have u turnd da kee?"

Basically i try to start it, turn the key... the engine doesnt even turn over. just a click from a fuse and then nowt. its so annoying as i know that it is fine apart from that!

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Well it should be mounted on the right hand side of the engine bay if your stood at the front of the car. It is a black box quite big and has two big connectors coming out of it. Which have a fair few wires.

·
Registered
rover_25
188 Posts
starting

you may have seen my other threads about my piece of junk car. Head gasket, alternator, all belts, starter motor all recently replaced. It runs beautifully now... better than ive ever had it... apart fom the fact that i have to bump start it if i want to use it!

The problem wasnt the starter motor, and im getting a feeling its not the electrics now, just from information ive heard from people.

ANY ideas as to what it could be? I need a professional opinion, not a 17 year old saying "have u turnd da kee?"

Basically i try to start it, turn the key... the engine doesnt even turn over. just a click from a fuse and then nowt. its so annoying as i know that it is fine apart from that!
make sure that the earth cable is making a good connection cos when i took my car in for a clutch the ******** mechanic forgot to put the earth on and blamed the not starting down to my battery when all it was,was his incompetance that was stopping it from starting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts