MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Can anyone also help me with another problem i have discovered. This has only happened twice so far but when i first put my window wipers on the drivers side electric window goes down!!!. This is not that good when its raining!!!!. After the first initial turn of the window wipers this stops and does not happen all the time. Please help!!

Thanks emma

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Heard of this before, I know it's been mentioned before, one of the stranger quirks with some TF's! :D

I'll have a dig around..

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Tada!

Sometimes when the windscreen wipers are used on 04 TF's the drivers side window winds down on its own, the answer is to fit a 470µF capacitor, the instructions can be found here, its a German site, but the link puts it thru Google's language translator, not quite perfect, but will probably be sufficient, and mildly entertaining.
clicky

Taken from here.

·
Registered
rover_45
16 Posts
I measured it new out of the packet (before fitting) using a capacitance tester.

You're right that 3uF sounds an odd value, but capacitor tolerances are typically 20% (depends on the dielectric), so it is probably a 2.7 or a 3.3uF.

All I'm saying is that the Rover fit part is NOT a 470uF (bear in mind that 3uF has fixed the problem).

Cheers
Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts