1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
Help me with this one if you can.
O/s window goes down but wont come back up. Thought it might be dodgy switch so swapped the switches and o/s switch works ok on n/s.
Took motor off the window runners and when you operate the switch it only goes one way which is down ? . Anyone had this happen also if i purchase a n/s electric window which are lot cheaper than o/s can i just change the motor or are they handed.
Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
mg_zr
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rear electric windows were a very very rare option, they are handed and the motor is not swappable good luck
Sorry i forgot to put its a 3dr facelift mg zr.
When you take the actual motor off the runners then away from the plastic cog so you are left with just the motor it looks the same both sides??. Going to take a chance and buy a n/s one for £20 off ebay, if it works i will post so to save people a few £s as O/S ones are lot more money

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi if this is the Drivers (Offside) front window , it might also be the Pektron SCU. The relays in these fail. Search Pektron SCU on ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
I'd the problem in my 3 door 25 1.4 on each side. Every time it was a failed motor @Super-Sid . I bought 2 good used ones from Ebay: job done. I did it myself. A little fiddly but manageable. Ask for some help (I'm not that skilled myself!): 4 hands may be easier to avoid dropping the window. No problem since so far and it was 4 years ago.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,307 Posts
I know this thread is a couple of months old - didn't see it when it was first posted for some reason.

However, any late Rover 25/Streetwise or MG ZR built after July 2003 will have the Pektron SCU, and on these cars, if the drivers window won't work in one direction, or not at all, it will almost certainly be the relay in the SCU which has failed.

There is lots of information about the Pektron SCU in technozens thread: General SCU/BCU (although at the time of writing, all the pictures seem to have disappeared from the thread which makes it a bit difficult to follow - or is it just me that can't see them?).

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
I can't see them either. I guess it may date back to the website migration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts