MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day as i tried to switch down the driverside front window the glass fell down and forward and would not go back up.
i removed the panel and saw one of the bars on the regulator was pretty bent. i removed the glass and regulator and hammered it straight ,
replaced it and the glass,(where i noticed some small bits of glass stuck to the sealant makes me think this has happened before as my glass never broke. is this common?)
after replacing it i tested it a good few times no problems, so i replaced the panel and thought it was done, not ten minutes later as i tried the window down it happened again,
looking down the window from the outside the bar is now visible and the white plastic groove from under the rear of the glass is now sitting between the black felt/rubber bits on the door,
i think this white plastic groove from the rear is slipping off the glass for some reason, the one from the front is held to the glass with a grey sealant however the rear is not?
should it be? is this the problem? any ideas lads ive picked up a regular from the scrappies and i dont want to bend this one?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one at a time

overwelmed by the response!
i am now guessing that the white plastic groove at the rear of the window is slipping off the glass instead of gripping it and pulling it down, does this sound about right?
what is the best adhesive to use in there? im thinking of jammin a slim bit of rubber between the groove and the glass to give it more grip any better suggestions?
cheers

·
Registered
mg_zs
718 Posts
overwelmed by the response!
i am now guessing that the white plastic groove at the rear of the window is slipping off the glass instead of gripping it and pulling it down, does this sound about right?
what is the best adhesive to use in there? im thinking of jammin a slim bit of rubber between the groove and the glass to give it more grip any better suggestions?
cheers
only one thing to say mate just try it,
happened to me but i just tightened all the bolts up aand used loctite around the bolts.

worked fine after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts