MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if anyone can help me, or at least tell me if this is a common problem...

My window was having some trouble going down today, then there was a click/snap noise.

Wound it up and left it.

When I got it home I have taken off the door card and one of the bolts holding the mechanism in place has come out completely whilst the other has pulled itself out of the door skin...

I cant seem to reposition the mechanism back into place to secure it and my mechanic cant look at it until next Wednesday...

can get pictures if necesscary but would really like to get this sorted.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Usually happens when the regulator has broken. Are all the plastic connectors intact. The door skin sometimes needs work to get them to fit again as it can twist the skin.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hi,
Completely disconnect the window from the regulator linkage then disconnect the linkage from the door. Check that the window freely goes up and down in its runners.
Check that the regulator linkage is all free... then re-assemble linkage to door, then window to linkage. There is a short bar, about 6 inches long with a bolt each end that secures it to the door - tighten this one last.

DaveH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts