MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Its my understanding that the standard MEMS is not `Programmable`, or not to the claims made in the add anyway, ie 13bhp on a 115, and 15bhp on a 160!!....

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Stampy said:
What cars have MEMS 3?
MEMS 3 was introduced on the F in 2001. I beleive the Trophy 160 was the first F to be EU3 compliant.
To tell if your is MEMS3 look at the exhaust, if you have an O2 sensor after the cat its MEMS3. If not, its not.
All TFs are MEMS3 BTW.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all

I plug this for no reason other to see what comments there were.

To be fair they don't mension the F.

But £250.00 for 1 1/2 hours seems a bit steep to me!!!

MikeS

·
Registered
273 Posts
MikeS said:
Hi all

I plug this for no reason other to see what comments there were.

To be fair they don't mension the F.

But £250.00 for 1 1/2 hours seems a bit steep to me!!!

MikeS
Thats about average for ECU tuners. But I think we all know by now that you don't get that kind of BHP increase on our K's without getting your hands dirty.

I find the claims of companies like these extremely dubious! Why would more reputable companies go to the lengths and expenditure they do to get 180- 190bhp out of a VVC if it was this easy and cheap to get 175bhp?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
MEMS 3 was introduced on the F in 2001. I beleive the Trophy 160 was the first F to be EU3 compliant.
To tell if your is MEMS3 look at the exhaust, if you have an O2 sensor after the cat its MEMS3. If not, its not.
All TFs are MEMS3 BTW.
Sorry to drag this thread out of the past but I REALLY need to get a definite answer to something!!

Is the above statement right? :errx2:

I was under the impression that all Trophy's were MEMS3!!!!!

And you have NO idea how much I need to have MEMS3 right now!! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
As far as i know they shifted to mems3 during trophy. Best way is to check your vin's eight digit. If it is E or K or P or N, then it is mems3. If it is G or T, then it is 1.9 or 2.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
As far as i know they shifted to mems3 during trophy. Best way is to check your vin's eight digit. If it is E or K or P or N, then it is mems3. If it is G or T, then it is 1.9 or 2.

:smug_git: IT'S A P!!!!!!!!:smug_git:

Yigit, if I ever get to Turkey or you ever come over here, there is a HELL of a lot of beer coming your way!! :URGOD: :URGOD:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts