MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title says, im looking for the location of the ecu, if anyone knows could they please advise me where it is. have looked in the manual and couldnt find anything.

rgds chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi replacing the ecu witha new one, needed to know where the old one was, we were also supplied a little black box as well as the ecu, do you knwo where this goes aswell? its pretty small and has 3 wires coming from it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
riddick666 said:
as title says, im looking for the location of the ecu, if anyone knows could they please advise me where it is. have looked in the manual and couldnt find anything.

rgds chris
Isn't this the ECU famously at risk of flooding in the event of blocked plenum drains?

You should find it, looking from the front bumper, at the top right hand side, underneath the covers beneath the wipers. You will presumeably have to remove the trim to get to it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
riddick666 said:
hi replacing the ecu witha new one, needed to know where the old one was, we were also supplied a little black box as well as the ecu, do you knwo where this goes aswell? its pretty small and has 3 wires coming from it.
I rather thought that the car had to be rigged up to a T4 system when changing the ECU to transfer all the relevant data over. Could be wrong though!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Womble said:
Isn't this the ECU famously at risk of flooding in the event of blocked plenum drains?

You should find it, looking from the front bumper, at the top right hand side, underneath the covers beneath the wipers. You will presumeably have to remove the trim to get to it.
Ignore the above. Looking at the instructions for removing the ECU for the 260, you have to remove it from inside the car after removing the fascia :eek:

Don't know if this is the same for your car though, as there is probably more room in your engine bay!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I don't know what the little black box could be. I too would have thought it would need to go on Rover's diagnosis machine to be "mated" so to speak.

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Yes it should be on the passenger’s side between both bulk heads under the wipers...

The ECU does use a black box kinda thing as its holder...

Not sure if you can just swap the ECU though?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we have found the ecu and swapped it for the new one, but i also was supplied a little black box with 3 wires coming from it. i need to know the locati0on of this?

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
riddick666 said:
we have found the ecu and swapped it for the new one, but i also was supplied a little black box with 3 wires coming from it. i need to know the locati0on of this?
If you can tell us the part number on the black box then we might be able to help. Also iirc comments above are correct in that you will need the ECU programming to your car by someone who has Testbook diagnostics kit.

hth

Mike :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts