MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
In the Garage
MG TF
Joined
·
33,294 Posts
:wtf: :daft:.....

If some in the USA bought it and shipped it over they would not be able to legally drive it on the road for another 28 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Chris T said:
:wtf: :daft:.....

If some in the USA bought it and shipped it over they would not be able to legally drive it on the road for another 28 years.
Why's that Chris?

The $30,000 includes the shipping by the way.

 

·
In the Garage
MG TF
Joined
·
33,294 Posts
noops said:
Why's that Chris?

The $30,000 includes the shipping by the way.

The TF was never approved for use in the states so can’t be registered over there until (I may be wrong about the age) the car is 30 years old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
petevick said:
watch it :_poke: thats a 115 ;)
just a joke pete, honest!!!!! :_poke:

tbh I'm not too sure what it is??/

title says 1980 but text says 2003???

mikeS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
What's up with his gear knob?



That's gotta be the most uncomfortable gear change ever. When I first saw it I thought he'd just wedged a screw driver in somehow but it actually looks like something he paid money for!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,647 Posts
garyb0479 said:
What's up with his gear knob?



That's gotta be the most uncomfortable gear change ever. When I first saw it I thought he'd just wedged a screw driver in somehow but it actually looks like something he paid money for!?!
I think the handbrake cable needs some adjustment as well!.

He must have had to lean in through the rear window to pull it back that far!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,841 Posts
iaross said:
It would suit Pete tho - blue hood - aka banana man!
oddly enough I'd thought about a blue hood, but I decided its gotta be black, everything is either black or yellow on Geoff, and thats the way its going to stay ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,560 Posts
Just sent him this msg...

I think you'll find you are wrong. You cannot export the car to the US as it hasn't gone through their crash testing nor emissions testing. You may probably be able to take the car out there for up to 12 months, but then it would have to be returned to the UK or it would be crushed.

If it was that simple to import a TF/F don't you think people would be doing it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
You're right Chris, although I'm not sure about the age thing either. The F/TF was never approved in the US (BIG MISTAKE MGR!!! Given the love they have for the Miata). I think it is actually the K series that lacks approval, this is part of the reason Lotus went for the Toyota engine in the newer Elise.

Nice one Steve
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top