MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
If it was round the corner, i'd buy it, get the MOT, sell the car and the hardtop seperately, and make a good few quid! :)

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I'd buy it and just fix whatever is wrong with it.

A new engine is only £2500 so can't see it costing more than a usual 02 TF would be worth.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,162 Posts
Bearing in mind the "other" episode with "Arts" old TF 160 and the lack of details :( It would be advisable to ask lots and lots of questions regarding the lack of an MOT......

The car is located very near to the site of the great train robbery, wouldn't want another one, eh :lol:

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Bearing in mind the "other" episode with "Arts" old TF 160 and the lack of details :( It would be advisable to ask lots and lots of questions regarding the lack of an MOT......
Good point, could have a murky past, or have a few things wrong with it, though to be fair there's one born every minute so it just could be pukka! :lol:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
From his description good money could be made by buying this car and selling it afterwards. I still cannot believe you can get a F/TF this cheap. If they were this cheap here, i would buy one just for the spares.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Mind it does have a reserve which might well be 8 grand for all we know,
though if it is your right - the lack of mot would surely put people off.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,921 Posts
That is very tempting just for the parts to put onto my car or to have another car. 16" wheels, AP brakes, fogs and a hard top would cost over that anyway.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reckon the reserve will be £5k or similar on it.... how much would this be if it is decent nick WITH an MOT?

·
Never forgotten
8,633 Posts
So the true story is likely to be - already been for an MOT and failed on a few items - presumably the guy got an expensive quote for repairs.

You can get failure details on the website that deals with MOTS but I think you need some details about the car first(VIN No?)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I reckon the reserve will be more than most people are thinking........ I don't think he is as stupid as some of us.......if he/she does'nt get a decent price he/she won't sell it....Mot it probably, then relist it. It is just a try on to see if anyone will buy with nothing to lose. This is the real world and people do not sell good cars with lots of extras for next to nothing.......or maybe I am an old cynic?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I questioned the seller, and I think its a she..... doesn't know much about mechanics she says.... she says it drives OK to her.... Her reserve is £4.5k. Looked on Parkers and this isn't far off the book value of this car.... but books values are often wrong I suppose....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts