MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
Just received this email about a phone I have for sale on ebay. I assume its some sort of scam, it just dosn't look right.

Dear dstancer,

Hello, I write to purchase this item from you for my son for his xmas present this is fact i have decided to make a negociation for the item and the shipping cost via a registered royal mail service.However, i will make your payment via western union money order powered by bidpay,Infact i want you to asure me that this item is in good condition also assure me that as soon as you receive receipt of confirmation from western union that your money has been approved by them,you will contact me immediately for the shipping address,Please for God sake know that this item must meet-up with the day.You can get back to me with your full name and contact address and your secure email address so that i may proceed with the payment. Thanks and God Bless. best regards

Anybody know about it?

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,679 Posts
It's bollox mate. Hell, this one was about in Moses time.

portraits of the queen are the only payment I accept from fleabay buyers.

DD.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Cash or paypal only please! Paypal is safe so dont worry about using it, but i wouldnt trust any of the other online payment companies. Postal orders are another option, cant go wrong with them! Simplest rule: send nothing until the money is securely in you bank account.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
i'd go one step further - make sure the money is in your account then into your hand before you send it. they will still take it off you otherwise! report them to ebay that they have attempted to purchase "off - ebay" as such.

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
Don't even reply....the guy is going to ask you for your bank details so he can 'make the payment' when in actual fact he's going to clear the account of anything you have in it....I'd suggest you don't reply at all! It's one of the best know scams in the history of the internet! :D

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
DibbleChick said:
Bank notes only!!! Make sure you get em first too!!! Internet fraud is the hardest crime to solve usually!

Take heed!
Arghh....i wish my brain would work sometimes....we had a lecture last year, talking about internet fraud...

I honestly cant remember, but it was something like...for Staffordshire...forgive me if this sounds like bull****, i'll try and ask a mate next week, see if he remembers!...but...in Staffordshire..
For internet related crimes...there are 3 officers who deal with it.

No wonder people take so many chances?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts