MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i got some injectors 2 weeks ago,im just waiting for the sdi's to experiment with them before i send them away to dave.

who has an sdi that is waiting for them?

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got some injectors 2 weeks ago,im just waiting for the sdi's to experiment with them before i send them away to dave.

who has an sdi that is waiting for them?
I'm just waiting for my SDi injectors to arrive.

When i get them, i'll be fitting them to the car before modding them. Just to see what gains there are, prior to them being modded.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
830 Posts
Maybe stupid question: why you all are looking for SDi injectors? Are they better than the ones used on 25/45s??

I already have and SDi car (220SDi), there are no injectors better than mine I can buy? Apart modified ones..

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
As far as i know the trick is to fit SDi injectors to the later L series cars fitted to 25-ZR/45-ZS's as the brake pressure is less, thus allowing more fuel in (tried this on my ZS, went like stink, but smoked really bad, but then mine has been remapped). If you already have an SDi then the only thing you can do is get a set of wingy injectors, and you'll need a spare set to give him to re-engineer, or your car will be off the road whilst yours are done.
Jim

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Yup exactly as Can'n ZS says. The 200/400/600 injectors have a break pressure of 200 bar whereas the 25/45/ZR/ZS have brake pressure of 210 bar.
So the 200 bar injectors open sooner and close later meaning more fuel gets shoved in per cycle.

I'm glad someone was able to verify my theory on using the injectors as unfortuantly I don't have a 25/45/zr/zs to play with, just my lowly 600Di.

·
Registered
830 Posts
And is there nothing can do the same trick on my 200SDi? Maybe some injectors from some old 218 Diesel car? No?

I have tune-am pro and turbo pressure increased.

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Sadly no-one has yet found a standard set of injectors from another vehicle that'll do the job. You can mod your existing ones to have a lower break pressure (I had 170bar on my van), and you can fit larger nozzles too, as wingy is doing but that all adds expense.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info. I'll stay tuned to see if something interested or I will wait and see if one day I'll be able to buy wingy ones. I am still a studend so at the moment I have not a lot of mine and when/if I'll have them I'll spend them first to buy a front IC and/or an hybrid turbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts