153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a reason they sold for a penny!:lol:

Rich.
well i know that now :lol:, the problem is the crome cap that goes over the bulb, just seems to block way to much light. gonna see it can come off and fit a silver bulb in its place, if this works it will be a good deal after all!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you not think about getting teh clear side repeaters? look much nicer on the car..

thats what i was after, hate the standard orange ones. kept going to my local scrappy to see if there was a 25, zr etc but no luck always the first things to go :( so i thought i would try these one, they do look very nice but the light output is horrendous!

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
There are loads of the clear ones on ebay, just do a search of Rover indicators and it will come up. Do you have a pic of the side of your car? Also when you said you were gonna fit a silver bulb in the side, do you mean a a silver painted one (eg silvertec etc) or just a normal bulb? because I think indicators must be orange as a requirement. Maybe it doesnt apply to the side of the car tho.....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
There are loads of the clear ones on ebay, just do a search of Rover indicators and it will come up. Do you have a pic of the side of your car? Also when you said you were gonna fit a silver bulb in the side, do you mean a a silver painted one (eg silvertec etc) or just a normal bulb? because I think indicators must be orange as a requirement. Maybe it doesnt apply to the side of the car tho.....
You can get bulbs that look chrome coloured but illuminate orange when turned on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah silvatech style are the ones im after, wish i had gone fo the clear ones now, checked the chrome repeaters out in the dark and the light out put is ridiculous! gonna see if they can me modded to get the crap chrome cap out, if they can't i'll be chucking them in the bin an getting some clear ones!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts