MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just recieved my second negative feedback.
Bid on a book for college, went to my email inbox to complete transaction to realise Blueyonder had messed it up while installing broadband, so i couldnt get to my email (emailed seller via eBay notifying them payment might be a couple of days late etc etc while i get it sorted out, get one back saying like "not my problem kinda thing".)
So it takes me 2 days to figure out how to get back into it, i do get back into it, find all this non paying bidder stuff that he has filed against me,(after a mere few days i think) so I send payment that exact same day, send them email letting them know that the problems have been sorted etc etc.
Come on tonight to find hes totally ignored my emails and has left neg feedback anyway.
What a TOSSPOT. :guns4:
I swear some people have no courtesy.
Well i gave him a taste of his own medicine and dented the C*NTS 144 100% pos feedback.
Make him think about twice next time... :mad:

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
good for you! I always find a helpful invoice helps if i see someone who hasnt paid. 7 days unless instant payment is stated is probably, as you say, common courtesy!

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
I usually say 7 days payment terms as well, unless it's a car, in which case I say 14 days in case they need to arrange a loan... :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Sorry, had to ask... what you get your first negative feedback for...?

If a seller has had al ot of non-payers and people muck them around.. they tend to get a little sensitive... but he does sound like a t0sser.

I would have emailed him from another computer...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First neg was for a Hif44 carb for my mini, i Needed it badly so i sent cash, athough they said they didnt recieve it, which was dubious, but i resent a cheque (which they definately cashed!) for the same amount.
Never heard anything back from them for 3 months, sent about 15 emails to the address and then the 90 day limit for feedback was near. (ie if i didnt leave it then i wouldnt be able to leave it the next day or so as it would have passed the 90 days)
So i send the seller a final email stating that if i had no reply then i would have to leave bad feedback, due to cheque being cashed, no goods recieved, no contact etc.
No reply. so i proceed to leave neg feedback and go to bed.
Get up next day and they have magically re-appeared on the planet and sent me an email asking why i left them negative feedback as apparently he had posted it, but would not help any further than that. I think that one was retalliation for me leaving them bad feedback
Still never received the Carb... so im down £30 (£15 cash and £15 cheque lol)
Don't see what else i could have done, i sent numerous emails and there was no response until after the 90 days. (seems a little dodgy how they finally decide to reply AFTER ive left the feedback though... :irked: )

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gra said:
I usually say 7 days payment terms as well, unless it's a car, in which case I say 14 days in case they need to arrange a loan... :)
even if they email you stating they cannot get into their email account?
I didnt have a single NPB strike or anything uptill now ive paid everything on time, surely thats whats feedback's for - to seperate the genuine bidders from the timewasters. I apologised in the email and promised the payment is on its way, i sent it first class the day i got my email back.
Hell, it was only for £5 for a book! I'd have sent cash but not after the last time! :ziplip:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what i usually do, but about a month ago I lost my credit card, so i reckon i'd need to set it up again as ive got a different card number now i think. :banghead:
Also i have found an inreasing number of sellers refusing to accept paypal, or even offloading the surcharges back onto the buyers which they're not supposed to do if i recall correctly...
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
I think the bigger the seller, the more likely they will pay the paypal charges.
Bit of a sh!tter to be honest, ebay can be really good if used properly and people dont mess you around. Only takes a few unfortunatly :(

Regards

Stu C

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Isn't it amazing how people will completely ignore your emails until it suits them... I tried to buy an airbag for about £2 off ebay, but postage wasn't quoted. I won the auction and emailed them twice trying to get a "full invoice" including P&P. No response. Got one elsewhere (I really wanted to get my new wheel fitted...) and emailed them to say that. Got an almost immediate reply saying they'd been unable to get to their email.

Funny that... :irked: Bloody gave me the only neg I've got. :cus:

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
i was reading into what you can claim back off of paypal if the seller turns out to be a [email protected] Ok sometimes you dont get as much as you would like back, but its the principal of thing, gettin paypal to force the other person to cough up is great :D
Come to think of it, i have only ever used paypal on ebay :D and no problems...yet :(

Regards

Stu C

1 - 13 of 13 Posts