MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Rover 600 yesterday wearing a K plate. I'm sure the last three letters of the registration plate were AOX but I'm not a 100% certain. It was the usual common burgundy red colour, didn't notice much else. If it was registered AOX, it's likely going to be an ex-Rover Group car, is it not ?

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Yeah they did release them on K-reg. For the 1st 3 months, they also had black bumpers!, Rover sort of realised this just looked terrible and changed them for colour coded ones.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Stu C said:
Yeah they did release them on K-reg. For the 1st 3 months, they also had black bumpers!, Rover sort of realised this just looked terrible and changed them for colour coded ones.
Only the base model 620i had black bumpers, all the rest were colour coded.

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
IanRobertson said:
Only the base model 620i had black bumpers, all the rest were colour coded.
Ahh i see, but still, it was pretty poor really. Theres one on the way to my local scrap yard parked outside his house, in white as well!.

Seen one or two about, another one tha got me other day was an 800 on a N-Reg i think it was, with grandad greys all round, bumpers and bottom half of body, which confusled me..

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Stu C said:
Seen one or two about, another one tha got me other day was an 800 on a N-Reg i think it was, with grandad greys all round, bumpers and bottom half of body, which confusled me..
Yup, Rover dabbled in two tone colour schemes for the 800 in its later life.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
The earlies 600 is a J plate. They wear all owned by Rover Group managment. They wear after 6 months sold to delears with a massive discount. But hardly any live on today. There is afew nocking about hear and there.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Nick Birse said:
I saw a Rover 600 yesterday wearing a K plate. I'm sure the last three letters of the registration plate were AOX but I'm not a 100% certain. It was the usual common burgundy red colour, didn't notice much else. If it was registered AOX, it's likely going to be an ex-Rover Group car, is it not ?
How weird, we saw a K Plate 600 yesterday too, in burgundy. My partner asked me what Year K plate was, and then made some witty comment like " Ooh they havent changed them have they" as we sat on the ooposite junction in my 2004 facelifted 45!

Have to say I thought it was an early one too, I have only ever seen L plates, and most of those have been base model black bumper types.

Where did you see yours?

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
993 Posts
Still a good looking car the 600 in my opinion. It has aged well. Its Accord twin on the other hand looks dated. The press did say at lauch that the 600 was one of the best examples of a reskin ever seen. As ususal though , sales were never high enough.

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
I much prefer the Rover trim to the Accord. Couple of people have said put the Honda Dash in, just looks, plain and boring (only in my opinion though!)

E

·
0 Posts
Earliest 600's were 92K. The presses hadn't arrived at Cowley for J's to exist

·
Registered
classic_rover
777 Posts
All early Rover 600 press cars were registered K6** BWK. K627 BWK was a 620i that was tested in Autocar and I saw it several times a few years ago locally on my way to work most days. I wonder if the owner knew?
Kev.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts