MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, do any of you know if my 1994 rover623 will be affected by the 'new' petrol being introduced in september?
The gov website has no info regarding this motor.....

Registered
Seems Hondas will tolerate the inferior fuel.
I wonder to what extent the word "tolerate" may be true? From what I've heard, I may change my routine so that I don't fill the tank to any more than I will use over a period of say two weeks (I don't do high mileage most weeks). From what I hear, the new fuel begins to deteriorate pretty quickly. I'm not too sure what does on; I wonder if the alcohol results in the
uptake of water vapour from the atmosphere?

While the Gov website says that Hondas with the PGM F1 fuel system will be OK, I think it will be best to proceed with a little caution.

Registered
I believe you will still be able to get "normal" petrol, but the price will rise. Lots of vintage cars, and lots of stuff with small engines with carbs with brass bit will not be happy with E10.

Registered
Hi guys, do any of you know if my 1994 rover623 will be affected by the 'new' petrol being introduced in september?
The gov website has no info regarding this motor.....
It will not affect your Rover 623 except if the thermostat or the EGR valve is bad that can make a low performance and increase fuel consumption.

Registered
Local motor factor who closed down during the first covid lockdown and didn't re open.

They were the ones all motor factors have hung on the wall. Cardboard packaged 1 metre lengths.

Can't really be more specific.
Packaged and sold as fuel rated when I bought it

Sent from my Plus E using Tapatalk

Registered
New pipes fitted and I shall see how these last.

Stainless bespoke exhaust is the next endeavor.

Ironically it's a similar price to make it in stainless 304 as compared to buying from euro and eBay for mild steel

Registered
New pipes fitted and I shall see how these last.
Could you remind me where these rubber fuel hoses fit on the 620? I've never had to replace any, but maybe this is something I (and others?) need to keep an eye on.

You always think of the alcohol compounds as being chemically "gentle"; we drink ethanol, and spray multi-million dollar aircraft with de-icer made of propyl alcohol; curious that E10 attacks fuel-rated rubber. However, there is certainly a great deal of concern about using E10.

Registered
I had to replace the long pipes which live under the plastic cover.

Rubber fuel rated pipe was used to connect the original pipe which was still good to the new metal pipe.

The joining sections have become compromised.

If you have factory pipes then your laughing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts