MG-Rover.org Forums banner

DVD wiring

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Squeaks 
#1 ·
Ive just had delivered my new Car stereo/dvd. its works fine other than the screen is blue " for my safety when driving" i have 5 wires that i have no idea where they go and there is nothing in the manual. I believe one needs either connecting to the handbrake or to ground? any ideas greatly appreciated. The 5 wires are:

P.CNTR
ILLUMI
P.ANT
BACK CAR CONTROL
PARKING CONTROL

Cheers :)

#5 ·
On my daughters boyfriends Golf I had a similar problem, this is what we worked out.

P.CNTR - We left this one disconnected (Ours said P-contrl)
ILLUMI - The 'lighting' one on ours just provided a night light for all the buttons. Not sure if this will be the same.
P.ANT - electric aeriel, so you probably wont need this.
BACK CAR CONTROL - On ours there is an option for another rear screen. This could be so passengers can watch but driver cant. We didn't connect.
PARKING CONTROL - Connected to handbrake warning light live.

The instructions that came with the unit were crap, in very bad pigeon english and photocopied!
Good Luck though.

#7 ·
On my daughters boyfriends Golf I had a similar problem, this is what we worked out.

P.CNTR - We left this one disconnected (Ours said P-contrl)
ILLUMI - The 'lighting' one on ours just provided a night light for all the buttons. Not sure if this will be the same.
P.ANT - electric aeriel, so you probably wont need this.
BACK CAR CONTROL - On ours there is an option for another rear screen. This could be so passengers can watch but driver cant. We didn't connect.
PARKING CONTROL - Connected to handbrake warning light live.

The instructions that came with the unit were crap, in very bad pigeon english and photocopied!
Good Luck though.
Thanks for that :) all explained very nicely, yeh mines in pigeon english too, makes fun reading though :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.