MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a rover 214 ie. Everything is standard apart from an induction kit and air filter. At the moment the car sounds great but it's missing the finishing touch of the sound of a dump valve. I know you can't attatch a dump valve without a turbo, so is there any alternatives that I can use to get the same effect?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
But why bother? Could you imagine the embarassment of meeting a real turbo at the lights who heard your 'dump valve' ... The engines rev and he BURNS you...

Think about it!

·
Registered
952 Posts
you say the only thing missing is the dump valve but you dont have a turbo so how is it missing. The thing you are missing is the turbo mate..........

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
All the guys in the know, would be able to tell you dont have a turbo from the brakes you have on the 214. If they're anything like mine, they trouble to stop 1.4i let alone 1.4t

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
//giggles//

like the maccys advert when he gets his mate in the back of the van to bang the sides trying to imitate some bass.

why dont you just go and buy a turbo'ed motor if you want the sound so much?

·
Registered
59 Posts
nickmitchell84 said:
I've got a rover 214 ie. Everything is standard apart from an induction kit and air filter. At the moment the car sounds great but it's missing the finishing touch of the sound of a dump valve. I know you can't attatch a dump valve without a turbo, so is there any alternatives that I can use to get the same effect?
if you want the tsssssh sound that much then save up for a turbo'd one, otherwise you can find an electronic device that sits in your engine bay, when you let off the gas a tssssh sound comes out of the speaker, if you shop around you'll find one

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
lol 214 with turbo sound. my rear disk brakes are bigger than the 214's fronts, imagine it trying to stop :lol:

just save your pennies for a turbo car, you'll never regret it ;)

G

·
Just wait a bit - in the next 12 months, Siemens are introducing electronically tuned airboxes which will allow you to either totally mute the induction noise or tune it to make it sound like anything you want.

They will be an aftermarket option, for about £200 and will be an easy DIY fit. Autoexpress carried an article on it a few weeks back. I've done a search but can't find the article on their website.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
everyone seems to rubbish this idea, however i cant actually see the difference between a large bore backbox induction kit etc and this idea, all of these parts make the car sound more powerful than the car is. oh and the 262's on the front of coupe turbo's can hardly be called BIG imho.
cheers

·
Registered
952 Posts
I can see the difference between induction kit, exhaust and a fake dump valve!
Simple difference is induction kit and exhaust USUALLY do increase performance!

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
flintsigs said:
yeah but standard coupe turbos have 262's which aint big
very true. the brakes on a standard 220 turbo car are deadly. 262x19mm upfront, and 238x10mm on the rear. its not a great combination.

My car stops on the dot since i had the rear brakes sorted out. Got a handbrake that holds the car now too :lol:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
i also have the 282 fronts and 262 rears and with braided hoses and a 160 master cylinder the car stop brilliantly and in a straight line

·
Registered
rover_25
1,835 Posts
flintsigs said:
everyone seems to rubbish this idea, however i cant actually see the difference between a large bore backbox induction kit etc and this idea, all of these parts make the car sound more powerful than the car is. oh and the 262's on the front of coupe turbo's can hardly be called BIG imho.
cheers
The difference is that induction kit and exhausts replace parts that are already on the car - adding a noise to pretend the car is a turbo when it's not is a joke.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts