MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not a beer filled tyre...

My car developed a bad vibration when I swapped alloys from coupe 2 25 thought little of it ..

At the time I thought it was the thinner tyres and the UK's crap roads. But yesterday my gf was driving around a car park in it and I was at the side, and I could see the tyre on inside was deformed in several places...

How did this happen?

Also my mot is due very soon, and I'm wondering if its a failure ? the tyre is near enough brand new , all of them are as they came off the coupe

I haven't been to the tyre shop yet but I’m betting it can’t be fixed...

I'm a bit worried about my safety to, wont blow out on me will it?!

·
Registered
25,622 Posts
Change it now as it is very dangeours.
I had the same happen to me. Two tyres developed bulges in them and one developed a puncture within the space of about 6 months. Some times it happes with age. sometimes because the tyre is defective or wasn't fitted properly and sometimes from kerbing the tyre.

It can't be fixed unless it is incorrectly mounted on the rim so time to splash the cash and get a new one. It might be worth contacting the tyre manufacturer as they might give you a discount or a replacement free of charge if the tyres aren't very old.

·
Registered
535 Posts
happened to an Avon ZZ1 (205/24/16) I had on my car. Only had the tyre 6 months and it warped really badly - not even remotely safe to keep on your car - get it changed asap!

I was doubly unlucky as the nice people who fitted it filled in my receipt incorrectly (said it was v rated rather than z rated or something like that) and then denied ever having sold me it.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
If it happens within a certain mileage, some manufacturers have a policy to exchange it for little or no cost. And as said above, others may put something towards the cost.
Of course it depends on tyre age, and mileage covered, and most importantly, the obvious fact that the tyre hasn't been hopping kerbs or gone track racing or rallying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.