MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,
I have spent the last few years building my car and just at the point of firing it up for the first time....
Rover K series engine fully rebuilt and second hand dry sump kit was fitted, so as a precaution I have slackened off the oil suction from tank to the pump and plenty of oil there, so next thing I removed the hose from pressure side of pump to the oil filter and fed into a bucket.
However when I wind the engine over on the starter motor I'm hardly getting any flow of oil.
Is this normal until the engine gets a few RPM once started? Obviously reluctant to fire it until I have some sort of oil pressure

Thank you for any comments or advice

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,845 Posts
I can’t recall anyone talking about a dry sump on this forum so I suspect you aren’t going to get an answer here, however it does sound an interesting project.

·
Registered
mg_tf
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can’t recall anyone talking about a dry sump on this forum so I suspect you aren’t going to get an answer here, however it does sound an interesting project.
Thank you, got that sorted now....plug needed to be removed to bleed air pocket out. Interesting and frustrating at the same time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts