MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure something has fallen out of my engine bay whilst driving. For a couple of weeks i have heard a vibration (or at least i hope it was and not a grinding noise) coming from the engine bay when i get to around 2k+ revs. Driving along today i was distracted by the other half and thought i hit something in the road however she says it felt and sounded like it came of the rear of the car. Magically the grinding / vibration has stopped. I'm glad it has stopped but worried to what could have potentially fallen off the car! Don't suppose anyone has had anything similar happen or may have any ideas as to what it could be? I appreciate it's a bit of a tricky one just curious (and worried) to anyone elses experience.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
your local mechanic will be cursing he has lost his 8mm snap on spanner that he is still paying for on the drip :beer:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I opened up the engine cover from the boot last week and saw the oil filler had lost it's bolt connecting it to the engine, or my mechanic couldn't be arsed to put it back on.

Could explain the rattle stopping though, if it had been gradually loosening up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts