MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.Can someone help here?For the past couple of weeks the drivers side front electric window on my 99 rover 400 has been giving me problems.It started to slow down when being opened(the motor went very faint),but when the window was half down it returned to its normal speed.Now it has stuck open about an inch from the closed position and I can't get it to move.HELP!!! :shake:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Reply to Problem

Hey Goldy,
I am no expert, but what you are describing sounds like a problem with the runners inside the door where the window slides up and down on. I had a problem similar to yours where my window wouldn't close properly.
If you can picture you have your window motor which when active either lifts the window or winds it down.You then have the guides that keep the window in place ( one on either side ), situated inside the door, accessable by taking the door panel off, If one of these is ( or both ) are faulty, you will get a problem !
Does your window seem to close on one side quicker than the other ?
A test to check the runners is to wind the window half down and wiggle the glass, if it is lose then I would say it is likely to be the runners, not a big job !
Hope this helps

Mark :xmas:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Had this problem on my mk3 214. the window wasnt on the runner properly. Remove your door card, loosen the bolts that hold the glass onto the arm thingy from the motor and re-align the glass back in the runner

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Goldy.......Had the same problem as you. Mine kept recurring after a couple of months. You will find that it is a runner problem, but more so the two M10 or M8 bolts that hold the runner to the glass work loose. Just apply a bit of thread lock and nip em up again. Hope you got small hands!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts