MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone out there may be able to help me. I had a slight bump in my Metro the other day and now have a drivers door that's shaped like a Coca Cola bottle! To say the least this ain't good. I'm trying to find myself a replacement but haven't had any luck as of yet. Does anyone out there know of anywhere i can go to get one or anything? Details of my car...

Rover Metro Tahiti - 1994 L reg, 3-door hatchback

I ain't too worried about the colour as my mate car spray it for not too much. Won't quite match but it's better than a red door on a blue metro kinda thing.

I'm in Ipswich so the closer the better but i really need this door!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The best place would be a scrappy for a replacement.

Failing that you could have the dents in the door knocked out, and resprayed. Gonna cost a bit though:(.

Rich.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already tried my local breakers yard etc...can't find any! starnge cus i thought there would be a few. As for banging the dents out...not really an option as its one big deng and has deformed the door slightly. like i said...a new door and a spray of paint if needed is the only way to go...or i buy a new car!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Try www.247spares.co.uk They're an on-line resource of scrap car dealers with a pooled catalog of over 200million parts. Got a headlamp for my metty through them for £25 delivered next day.

There are several other organisations on the net with the same type of scheme.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In my area it's not unusual for people to advertise metros with no mot for eg as £100 ono. The reality is a scrappy will take it off their hands and give them £30 scrap value. You might check out the local paper, cars under £500. Offer say £40, remove the door and then scrap the rest (and get £30).

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Theres a tahiti blue metro in my local scrappy which is in Gloucester but not much help but they may post. but if you take a trip over this way there number is 01452 713259
http://harrybuckland.co.uk/ they may post it, if you phone them its in the bottom section on the left at the front near the house. They dont keep metros for long mind, 2 weeks max, sometimes not even a day depending on the amount of cars that come in.

Or if you make it worth my while, i'll remove it for you and fit it if you drive here as thats what I did when trying to find a white front bumper for a Metro GTi, another forum member found one and i drove to devon for it. saves spraying it white again so it was fitted there and then.

any 3 door metro will fit a 3 door, If the door is ok i would hold out till they get one in the same colour.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers for that....is a bit of a drive though which is a shame. The door is OK-ish....i'm just hoping it don't rain anytime soon cus it dont seal properly at the top. atm I do know of one a bit closer thats MOT-less so I may do what you suggested but with that one. Thanks for the idea!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts