MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's been a boring day today, what with too many relatives etc., so I popped over to the Lexus forum for a quick look as my dad's got one.

Anyway, they're discussing over there about a web-site called Driver Talk (www.drivertalk.co.uk), where you can privately message other drivers simply by knowing their Registration Number.

It's completely Free to register, and there's a very small subscription charge to send messages, but it doesn't seem much considering.

Anyway, I joined, and I had two messages waiting for me!!!

The site describes themselves as follows;

What does this site do? It allows you to send personal messages to other drivers, simply by knowing their Vehicle Registration Number!

How does it work? In short, the site uses Vehicle Registration Numbers instead of e-mail addresses. Register your vehicle today, and see who wants to talk to you!

Who can I send messages to? Be it a road hog, or someone you fancy, now you can send them a personal message, and say what you wanna say.

Can the other driver reply? Yes. Whether your message is anonymous or not, drivers can reply using the Driver Talk messaging system.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
That would be great when some cretin cuts me up...

Can really tell them what I think and the quality of their driving!!!!

Sean

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
There's another site where you can chat someone up via the same method but as with this one, it'll end up being used to send abuse and turn road-rage into keyboard-rage. Plus it relies on 30 million people registering to become truely effective. Nice idea but I don't think it'll go anywhere

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, but that's a dating site which costs about £30 per month!!!

This is only £5 for 6 months of messaging, and you can say anything not just just "I fancy ya!".

I'm really into it now, you ought to take a look!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic News!

Driver Talk have just e-mailed me, and their service is now completely free!!!

Yes, 100% FREE FREE FREE!!!

So you can Send, Receive and Read Messages from/to other Drivers.

(P.S. If you've already paid, they're refunding you)

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
...it'll end up being used to send abuse and turn road-rage into keyboard-rage. Plus it relies on 30 million people registering to become truely effective. Nice idea but I don't think it'll go anywhere
i totally agree with this....before long someone will of found out where the car owner lives and there will be a fight.

ps what were the messages waiting for you?

edited: the website looks very cheap...they really need a more professional looking site if they are going to take off

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both messages were good ones :O
I'll say no more!

With regard to road rage, it may avoid the need for immediate physical action that some people feel the need for, if they know they can send a nasty message later!

So I think it would help myself.

The messages incidentally default to being totally anonymous.

So, it's not like they're saying "My Reg is AA999 AAA and I think your driving is C***". :lol:

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
so whats the point if you dont know who sent you the message?

its like randomly texting a random phone number and saying oi your a crap driver

if you ahve enough road rage in you still when you get to work/back home after your juorney, and you turn your computer on and go send that person a nasty message, then i personally believe you need to step away from the computer and chill yourself out. if i recieved a nasty message id want to know whod sent it and why, as would anyone else

it can only create more fights, as at present with road rage you just have to get over it.....this is like prolonging it

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
what are the chances that the person you want to shovel a load of abuse to is registered on there? slim to none id say, would be good if everybody was though.

·
Banned
3,933 Posts
what are the chances that the person you want to shovel a load of abuse to is registered on there? slim to none id say, would be good if everybody was though.
What are the chances that Steve99999 is in fact
Dan Spencer
of
15 BURWELL MEADOW
WITNEY
OXFORDSHIRE
OX28 5JG
??

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I cant imagine a geeky messaging system can beat zipping down the window and shouting abuse or flashing hi-beams an inch behind the car in front but its the thought that counts, not a fiver innit :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
"I cant imagine a geeky messaging system can beat zipping down the window and shouting abuse or flashing hi-beams an inch behind the car in front but its the thought that counts"

And I imagine that you're just the kind of person the site is designed to get back at.

Go on, join, it's FREE! Think of all that abuse you'll get!

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
steve are you the owner or do you have anything to do with that other site? its just your new and all you seem to be doing here is trying to promote it?

eitherway its a badly designed site which imo has to purpose but to cause bother. its a waste of anyones time if you ask me

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
steve are you the owner or do you have anything to do with that other site? its just your new and all you seem to be doing here is trying to promote it?

eitherway its a badly designed site which imo has to purpose but to cause bother. its a waste of anyones time if you ask me
shes right, i think hes a bot. infract his ass! :lol:

the only possible way it could work was if loads and loads of people agreed to it as previously said, its not worth the hassle for the costs involved in advertising it imho.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
Wish I was!!!

Thanks for the welcome Dee anyway.
i welcome everyone on this site, thats why i asked you rather than me infracting you! :lol:

i did give you the benefit of the doubt though, although you must admit your new here, and the first thing you do is rave about another site - it looks like advertising for search engine beneifts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just thought it was relevant - that's all.

Car web-site, driver talk.

Oh well, I'll stick to Rovers from now on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts