MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave it a good clean earlier and then hit the road for an hour... really nice drive, although im still a bit scared... its 135bhp is mad from the 80bhp in my Fiat Bravo ;)

Really enjoying it, would still be out... but don't want to push my luck with having an accident on the first day of ownership ;)

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Nicely done Dave!!

I bet the grin is still ear to ear and showing no signs of going away!! :D :D :D

Now, feet up, have a cuppa then go back out, roof down once its got dark to experiance night time topless driving.

Enjoy!! :bgrin2:

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
krisxf said:
Nicely done Dave!!

I bet the grin is still ear to ear and showing no signs of going away!! :D :D :D

Now, feet up, have a cuppa then go back out, roof down once its got dark to experiance night time topless driving.

Pah, I went from a 64bph 106 to 135bhp with the TF, get out and enjoy yourself! Go on, go!

Edit: Wrong quote, but I can't be arsed to change it, you get the idea though :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
krisxf said:
Nicely done Dave!!

You mean: Feet up, have a cuppa, then move to a country that has a better climate, go out when it is dark, roof down... :lol:

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Dave

Glad you enjoyed it.

Roads are wet and slippery at the moment - just take a bit of care; mid engine, rear wheel drive, 50% more power etc etc

Standard driving procedures really: brake in a straight line, slow in - fast out, don't drive faster than the distance you can see.

You'll love the car as much as we all do and your grin will become permanently etched on your face.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i remeber my first ride too.... taking that car from the garage and the put the roof down... what a feel.... got scared to.... very power on the acelerator i wasn't used to. Dude get on a highway and push that baby down.... its a great feel

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
A 55 BHP Fiat Punto for me.

For insurance purposes unfortunately. The slowest thing I'd ever owned and to say I was pretty happy to get something with some power when I got the Trophy would be the understatement of the decade! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts