MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feel like a bit of an idiot but last year i got done for drink driving at just over the limit and i got a years ban and i get my liscence back on july 15th. i used to have a 214 sei. how much do u reckon my insurance will go up for the same car it used to be £2200 on my own but i went on my mums in the end and payed £900 a year i will be goin on my own. i will be 19 when i get my liscence back

cheers

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
In your mums name it may not be drastic...i dont know for sure...but my guessing, her as main driver..you as a named...may not get bummed so much...will still get a bumming though...

In your own name...id forget about it, not going to happen.

·
Registered
500 Posts
NOT A CHANCE in your own name, more likely to get laffed at, just for instance try puttin it into www.confused.com, thatl give u an idea if any of what itl cost, even if sum1 did quote u its likely to b round 4 grandish.

·
Registered
mg_zr
538 Posts
I got done for drink driving 5odd years ago when i was young and stupid. I got a years ban and it put my insurance up 30%

I was paying £1300 3rd party on a 214sli

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers just tried i'll hav 2 ring them up or something they won't even give me a quote on my mums insurance

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
I was done as well. I paid £800 TPFT on a 95 214 SLi, at 20 when I got my licence back. I did do a Drink Driver Rehabilitation Course though, that reduced the ban to 9 months and is recognised by some insurers.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got a quote 2100 on a 214 sei third party fire and theft. do you think thats a good quote or should i get different car preferably a mk2 214 but not sei spec or do u reckon it will be the same

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
marcyb_SEi said:
just got a quote 2100 on a 214 sei third party fire and theft. do you think thats a good quote or should i get different car preferably a mk2 214 but not sei spec or do u reckon it will be the same
Thats a good quote m8, just stick with it!

At 19 with DD10 I doubt you will beat it

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
unless you get a 211 or 111.

tbh m8 i think you are being abit optimistic on the engine size. i think you should go abit lower.
£2100 is stupid money. you could probably get everywhere in a taxi for a year for that money :p

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
i reckon you should not be allowed to drive if youre gonna drink, how would you feel if you killed somebody?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i'm obviously not gona do it again after not being able to drive for a year. and wen i got in the car i didnt even realise i was over the limit as i said i was only just over the limit. and its not like i dont regret it any way.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nasty stuff.. I'd be gutted if I lost my licence, I mean I NEVER drive after drinkin but I have driven home from various girls or mates houses the morning after a sesh and realised I was probably still over the limit by the time I got home..
Good luck with the insurance hunt mate

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
I think we've ALL driven at some point when we really shouldn't have - me included. I'm not proud to say it, either.

G

·
marcyb_SEi said:
i feel like a bit of an idiot but last year i got done for drink driving at just over the limit and i got a years ban and i get my liscence back on july 15th. i used to have a 214 sei. how much do u reckon my insurance will go up for the same car it used to be £2200 on my own but i went on my mums in the end and payed £900 a year i will be goin on my own. i will be 19 when i get my liscence back

cheers
Why not ask an insurance company, rather than us? Oddly enough, they will have the info to hand!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well yeah i obviously did before i asked you but i couldnt get a quote on line so i thought you lot might have a rough idea.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I'm not trying to be a smartarse here but insurance companies really do have things the wrong way round don't they!

Surely someone who's got done for drink-driving is never gonna do it again (because of the shame), so the risk should be lower than the average Joe who has never got caught. Just a thought...

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
why bother with insurane? you obviously didnt care about driving while being under the influence of alcohol so whats a little thing like that?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts