MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the bottem left corner of the Door trim seems to be ever so slighty away from the door itself, and when I go over 30mph it makes the most annoying tapping noise ever, ive had to fit a card between the trim and the door :(

Problem is, how does it fit on? I cant seem to find any screws and taking the insert out with the handle revealed nothing, so please help me!

MG ZR 2002 5 - Door model btw.

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,274 Posts
Not too sure about 200 trims but may be that one of the clips has come out of positon in the trim and does noit locate in the hole in the door. Open the door and see what is happening. You should be able to see the clips and their holes. If not take the trim off and make sure all is well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cable sleeve has probably come off.

I had a hell of a rattle inside my RHS door and found that a sponge sleeve had come off the winder cable...easy fix if you can get the door clips back on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It's a ZR mate,they all do it.If it ain't one thing rattling/squeaking it will soon be another.
I had the passenger side central locking fixed just after christmas & now the drivers side is doing the same making a grinding/vibrating noise every time it's locked/unlocked.Back to the dealer today yet again.
Been back about 10 times at least with stupied little faults mostley the sun roof which wont stop vibrating & rattling.
Car is 18 months old with 13500 miles on the clock i put it down to cr*p build & quality control.Not good enough MG/Rover if you want to survive get your finger out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts