MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i got a mgf and the door card do not have twwter slots can i make my own or purchase door card with them already in ???

anyone else had this problem and maybe have some spare door cards for me :D

·
Registered
rover_25
1,835 Posts
I think you could make your own holes pretty easily, but this is just a general thought. Most tweeters are supplied with surrounding trim so you could just make the hole and even if it was rough it should be covered up with the overlap.

Liam

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
asimpsonlowe said:
where about in the door ard would you put the tweeters? Im curious, feeling brave so i might have a go with a little more help/info?
As Stafainn's pic shows - why not put it where MG put it; my '96 VVC had them as original standard and that's where they were. Sounded OK to me. Also makes wiring easier from the main speakers just below.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
asimpsonlowe said:
Cool! :cool: .....now where would i get the little iddy biddy speakers and covers? Or something similar??????

Thanx for all your help peeps
Andi

Speak with Victoria, tell her what you want to do to the car and see what she has in stock (new or used). She may have speakers main & tweeter in stock, certainly will be able to point you at Chav covers etc. She is very approachable and helpfull (bearing in mind it's how she makes her living). http://www.mgfcentre.com for contact info.

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
MS does the nice chrome speaker covers shown in Staffainn's pic. not sure if you could, get tweeters seperate, but you prob want both anyway, perhaps? Not sure about speakers though other than Victoria

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.