MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
just bought a shiney silver TF160 and have been busy scaring myself silly down various country lanes for the last few weeks!
However, I've noticed that the passenger door does not seem to close flush with the rest of the body. If i give it a shove then it will go flush but it won't stay there.
Is there a way of adjusting the door catch to pull the door in a bit more? I would buy the Haynes manual to have a look, but my wallet is still stinging from buying the car!
Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
1. Haynes have never done a manual for the MGF/TF so you have saved a few quid.

2. Torx bolt holding the catch, slacken off very slightly, shut door, open very carefully, do torx up again to 18Nm.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, speedy reply - cheers!

1. That's me scuppered then, GCSE Motor Vehicle Engineering was 15-years ago!

2. Thanks, I was hoping that it would be that easy - now i've just got to find those Torx bits that came with my screwdriver.

Thanks again
Mark

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just noticed the last bit about 18Nm, I'm really going to struggle to find my Torque Wrench, haven't seen that since I moved house ages ago. Oh well, at least it's bigger than a set of screwdriver bits!
Thanks again
Mark

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Take a fineliner felt pen (not indelible) and draw round the catch before you start and then if all goes wrong you can always go back to square one.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Sprinter said:
1. Haynes have never done a manual for the MGF/TF so you have saved a few quid.
You can get the MG workshop manual on cdrom from B&G in case anyones interested.....bit expensive though at £50.
gratuitus link.....http://www.ukmgparts.com/

edited to put correct link in as I have no idea what Im doing today...ok back to bed (snot snot cough)

·
Registered
mg_tf
323 Posts
Blackadder1234 said:
If i give it a shove then it will go flush but it won't stay there.
Have a look at the paintwork around the inside of the door opening. Are there any scuff marks? I found some on mine just behind the shiny MG plate on both doors when I polished it the other day. It looks as though the doors are set too low and are catching when they close. Off to the dealer when the holiday is over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts