MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mate of mine is selling his 414 as it has what seems to be an incurable oil leak. They've tried everything that they can apart from changing that head and nothing has fixed it.

I'm after a few bits off of it and wanted your opinions on what they were worth. He wants between £200-£300 for the car. These are the bits I want from it:
  • Electric windows for the rear of mine (including switches, wires etc)
  • Electric mirrors
  • The alloys (5 standard rover alloys with P6000 tyres)
There's probably some other bits that I'll think of later but that's all for now.

Would they all fit in my bubble and would it be worth paying £200 for the car to take them off?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Check to see if your wiring looms already accomodate electric mirrors and windows first to save on the wiring. What condition are the wheels in? I sold 4 standard alloys with 6-8 tread on all wheels for just over £100 on eBay but it seemed a very good sale at the time, as my immaculate hairpins were only £100 with 4 near new tyres. Not heard of 400 mirrors on a bubble as the 25/ZR route is what I and many other have all gone down.

£200 would be a good deal to strip the thing either way as my mirros were £60 alone. The wheels may be worth £100 depending on what they are if their kerbed and I have seen wiring looms for £30 each. Could be some profit there..

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got electric windows in the front but I want to fit them in the rear as well. I don't think I have any wiring there for them.

Mirror wise, I'm not too sure. Haven't checked yet but will do tonight.

The wheels are ok, they're not perfect and could probably do with a bit of work. I've only had a quick glance at them but am up there again tomorrow so can check then.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Just concerned that the wiring loom for the rear windows might not be compatible with your current one and soldering etc would then be needed. I definitely think that £200 for the whole car could end up being a small profit maker though.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't mind a bit of soldering :) I'm expecting to have to do some anyway as it will be the front windows from the 414 going into the rear of my bubble. I may do the one-click down for the passenger side while I'm there as well :cool: :lol:

I think you're right. It's got leather seats as well so I could probably get a bit for the interior if I was to sell that.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else want any bits off of it? Cheap obviously as the car's only going to cost me £200.

The interior might be taken but not 100% sure yet.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Anyone else want any bits off of it? Cheap obviously as the car's only going to cost me £200.

The interior might be taken but not 100% sure yet.
If the interior is in a good condition you could probably sell the seats\door cards for a few £££'s on ebya.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts