MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
now all they've got to do is move the entire circuit to somewhere that isn't Donington so people will be able to arrive in time for the race without leaving the previous Monday!

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
lol! Oh, and of course they've actually got to find some money now - chop chop!

Can see the planning committee right now.
"So lads, which banks shall we ask for a loan?" ;)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Plan of the new circuit can be seen here.

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/files/pdf/master_plan.pdf

IMO it looks pretty good, the majority of the current cicuit is retained with a nice new infield section added.
Moving the start/finsh line and pits to the back straight will make for an interesting first corner :D

East mids airport have already stated they wont close for GP day, so wonder how Bernie and his mates will get there if no choppers are allowed?

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
East mids airport have already stated they wont close for GP day, so wonder how Bernie and his mates will get there if no choppers are allowed?
I would never even expect East Midlands Airport to close for such an event - with it being the 2nd largest freight airport in the UK and carrying 5.5million passengers a year.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
with no private transport aloud in the first gp it will be a big flop. who on earth decided to ban cars on site!!!
I didn't know they were banning cars, just thought the number of car parking spaces were lower than anticipated.

If the new East Midlands Airport Parkway railway station has enough trains and is marketed to death then that could be helpful.

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
The whole thing IMO will be a debacle, and this was an opinion mirrored by a fair few of us when the Donington plan was first brought to light. I don't think it's likely to improve personally.

And going back to what I said beforehand, with Silverstone being one of the worlds busiest airports on race weekends, how on earth will that work with East Mids imposing restrictions?

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
The whole thing IMO will be a debacle, and this was an opinion mirrored by a fair few of us when the Donington plan was first brought to light. I don't think it's likely to improve personally.

And going back to what I said beforehand, with Silverstone being one of the worlds busiest airports on race weekends, how on earth will that work with East Mids imposing restrictions?
Simple answer... It won't

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's quite surprising how much work has already been done since the 18th of December when construction work started, at the moment the track has been cut into two to allow a large tunnel to be constructed and this will be fished in 6 weeks time for the new season.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Mind you people should get off their backsides and get on public transport, if the facilities ARE there then we cannot criticise and should get the bus/train from a few miles out or preferably for the whole journey

Although public transport is about 50% public now, what with it being a private enterprise mostly ;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts