MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done like a big donut or a 360 ° with his MG ZR?
I want to try it out but I know it can be dangerous so I need some pro advice first.

Anyone remember that video of eminem where's hes driving around in the parking in circles...

Id like to do that stuff ;à I know a place that has lotsa space & is safe for any other traffic.

Can anyone gimme some advice on how to do that ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive already done a small 90° with the car. My front slipped around pulled the handbrake & got to a stop. That was quite exciting for me ;)

But how do you exactly do a 4.90 360°?

greets

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have Rover 200 mk3.. same dimensions and I've never tried doughnuts in it but I can do some mean handbrake turns, did a 180 on wet leaves once by accident, just wanted to pop the back end out to shock my mate and it spun right round, was really good tho.. The reversing thing's a good idea, Try J turns, they rock!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Manouvers of that nature are not "safe".

You might want to look into going to a skid pan day to practice handling the car.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Khen Rigzin said:
how exactly do you do a safe J turn?

greets
AFAIK

reverse (fast), turn wheel one way and press clutch, change to 2nd, straighten wheel, accelerate....although getting the timing is the key....

need to turn the wheel violently tho too....

EDIT: if you want to do this sort of thing, ensure you are sensible and do it well away from other people and don't go high speed unless you want to hurt you and your car...

It may be fun but j turns and the like absolutely shag your tyres and screwing it up will shag your car....

skidpan is the way to go to get an idea of the way a car handles in these maneuveres....weight transfer etc etc....

best thing to try that could actually help you is lift off oversteer.....can happen on any road on any bend and can hurt lots if you don't control it....

u'll need a lot of space and some practice to do the above...

i feel better now...

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
One of Tiff Neddells vids showed you how to do all that stuff, cant remember which one though

personally, I think its a bit chavvy and wouldnt bother trying in the first place :2c:

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
2,892 Posts
Believe it or not putting a milk crate under each of the front tires makes the car behave like rear wheel drive and allows donuts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Now how exactly does that work?

You're not going far with milk crates under the tyres and likely to damage your car.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Car won't roll it will spin.

It will only roll if you clip a kerb or something to upset the center of gravity.
personally if anyone wants to do this I'd go to a proper skid pan where they teach you safely how to do all that stuff.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think they thing to remember with fwd is that to control um and such its a matter of keeping the power down on the wheels.

Mate why would you want to put yer ZR thru that stuff. kay a few handys is ok but man revers donuts...cant be good... unless u hae lots of cash ...and can afford a new car if something happens.

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
I've tried doughnuts in my car, its nice and easy with an LSD in the gearbox ;)

Rag it forward, then slam it into the turn quickly then slowly touch the handbrake on, then play it on the power and it goes round and round and round :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
horico said:
AFAIK

reverse (fast), turn wheel one way and press clutch, change to 2nd, straighten wheel, accelerate....although getting the timing is the key....

need to turn the wheel violently tho too....

i feel better now...
That stuff cant really hurt the car right? if you're on flat terrain going about 30-40 km u

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
No of course it won't damage the car...

Just like hitting a tree at 30-40 KMPH won't damage the car :shake:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im not gonne try this in a forest man ;)
I understand ya though. its still very dangerous & should only be done on a big terrain where there's nothing in the way except air.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts