MG-Rover.org Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well it’s a goodbye from me. The financial ombudsman found in my favour, the finance company agreed with their findings and the car has now been collected. It’s bit of a shame as I liked the look of the car and it was comfortable to drive. I think the real issue is the lack of customer care and support by MG directly as in my experience they are really not that bothered
Well done for sticking with it.

It seems that MG aren't interested in keeping a good customer relationship going.

I cannot see modern MG owners having the same type of positive mentality like the old pre-2005 MG Rover owners who still rave about their ZR's, ZS's and ZT's.

Cheers..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am delighted for you! I finally got fed up of the recurring faults scs.eps, seat bolsters coming apart, groaning from gearbox, door handles sticking,,,MG Motors UK don't give a SH*t in my humble opinion. Have got a tremendous deal on a brand new Kia Sportage via Carwow (JCB Ebbsfleet) £4600 off retail for little more than the price of a ZS exclusive. The dealer is buying my car back...but there again, my dealer has always been superb.
I think more and more people will get out. Aston Barclay are who Vauxhall Finance use. I have been keeping an eye on the MZ SZ's appearing and there have been quite a few.

Hope you enjoy your Kia

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sure have.

Here are some quick photo's and you may need to zoom in as some may have multiple locations of runs in the same photo etc.

Hopefully this works ok as not done photo's on here before

i have a two month old 2020 zs and found this going to dealer who has just reopened after the lock down from covid 19 mine is also white not happy
Sure have.

Here are some quick photo's and you may need to zoom in as some may have multiple locations of runs in the same photo etc.

Hopefully this works ok as not done photo's on here before

·
Registered
rover_600
109 Posts
These photos remind me so much of Vauxhall Victors 101 of the early 60s, the same problems. Vauxhall took the hit head on and replaced many peoples cars or gave money back to the customer to compensate them. The factory underwent a big shake up and quality control became the watch word. The result was GM in the UK survived and is now a respected brand.
Vauxhall’s problem was they had changed their steel suppliers which had resulted in pre rusted steel being used to fold the panels and under frame. The difference here is customer care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
So it's rusting on the bolts plus in the areas where the metal join together/crimped/welded where the paint cannot go in.

This tells me that the bath that they dip the bodies in can only protect the areas where it can touch whereas the hidden areas are not being prtected owing to the metal not being either; a) not galvanised or B) the galvanising process of the metal is not up to standard.

Perhaps China doesn't believe in something called rust protection?

Cheers..

61 - 67 of 67 Posts