MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the L series diesel flywheel have 2 timming holes?

Because you line it up using the camshaft pully marks before inserting the 6.5 drill bit into the flywheel my problem is the cambelt had broke.

Is it possible there is another hole opposite the correct one to maintain the balance of the flywheel.

Barry

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hi, i am sure that there is only one timing hole, if you are having problems with it you probably have bent valves if the cambelt has snapped, this engine is definatly not a SAFE engine due to the high compression, you would be best getting a second hand head from somewhere and swap it out, this is a best case scenario, worst case you have damaged pistons and or rods probably scrapping the engine, is its just the head then i have one laying around if your interested (didcot nr oxford)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already fitted a recon head as there looked to be no damage to the lower end. Just wandering if I had timmed it wrong as theres no compresion at all.

Barry

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE :

No compression !!!

Removed head again

The valves are not fully shutting.

Taking it back to the company who reconned the head when you pay the best part of £300 you expect it to be ok dont you? or is it just me.

Barry

YOU CAN FOLLOW THIS THREAD IN THE NEW DIESEL SECTION.
(see ya there)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts