MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this hot weather I park the car at work with the lid down, and put the storm cover (silver thing from BAS) over the car to keep the heat down.

With it being silver it reflects the heat out of my otherwise very dark grey and black heat absorbing cockpit!

Also keeps the dust and bugs out as I often have to park near trees.

And who said they are just to protect the hood from heavy rain snow and hail!

NB, have to lock with the key, as the volumetric sensor goes off when the cover flaps gently in the breeze.

Iain

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
i would never leave the roof down parked anywher even for a few minutes , its so easy just to jump in and nick a few accesseries to sell on ebay etc. just doesn't seem worth it

no i never use a storm cover etc mind u i dont have leather seats in mine so i bum wont b burning! wish i did have nice leather in mine mind u lol

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Cyer_ricki said:
i would never leave the roof down parked anywher even for a few minutes , its so easy just to jump in and nick a few accesseries to sell on ebay etc. just doesn't seem worth it
You live in Bristol though, you're been trained to lock your car up and armour plate it ;)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I work on a secure site full of Government civil service types. No pass no entry.

Its quite safe here.

Iain

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Cyer_ricki said:
no i never use a storm cover etc mind u i dont have leather seats in mine so i bum wont b burning! wish i did have nice leather in mine mind u lol
Leather seats, been thinking. I've got leather seats and after getting out of car yesterday my back was soaking. And in the winter they're bl00dy freezing. I suppose they look nice so it makes up for them being a pain in the heat/cold.....

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
My car is just a pane of glass away from me at work so no real security problems.

I have been known to use my MS Rain Cover when parking with hood down: side windows up and windstop up, cover on - never had any alarm problems. perhaps the MS is a different shape or fabric. I've also left it street parked in provincial French towns with shower cap on with no problems. Just removes temptation from passing eyes.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Mine has the roof down now, but I ensure valuables are locked in the Glovebox and I can see the Car out my window as its parked in front of the door to my building, so I don't worry too much about it, just make sure I glance out the window from time to time.
I'm not too sure about leaving the roof down in supermarkets and other public places though.

Btw Has anyone had any bird poo land in their car, or any other unwelcome visitors?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sprinter said:
My car is just a pane of glass away from me at work so no real security problems.

I have been known to use my MS Rain Cover when parking with hood down: side windows up and windstop up, cover on - never had any alarm problems. perhaps the MS is a different shape or fabric. I've also left it street parked in provincial French towns with shower cap on with no problems. Just removes temptation from passing eyes.
Thats the diff then JP, I leave the windows lowered....

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
I only use it when picnicing in the forest and parked up under a tree, actually i have to bring my car into work tomorrow so i might use it when im parked in the yard, its so dusty!! :idea:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I leave windows up.

Hey, I've just had a look at Iain's website, nice one! Seen a car that looks like yours James (silvery bits)....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts