MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As BMW own the Rover brand, I was wondering...

...can legally I drive an old Rover onto a BMW forcourt and give them the keys saying "I'am returning this for your environmentally safe disposal, as owners of the brand".

(There are new regs out on this!)

Just a thought, its the mischief in me!

Martinb

·
Registered
rover_800
3,497 Posts
Martinb_04 said:
As BMW own the Rover brand, I was wondering...

...can legally I drive an old Rover onto a BMW forcourt and give them the keys saying "I'am returning this for your environmentally safe disposal, as owners of the brand".

(There are new regs out on this!)

Just a thought, its the mischief in me!

Martinb

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :)

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
According to an article in Car Mechanics magazine, MGR had signed an agreement with cartakeback.com to provide "End Of Life" recycling of any "complete" MG Rover product.

From Jan. 1 2007, when the regulations come into effect all owners will qualify for free take back through their network of facilities..

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Nope.. from 2007 the manufacturer of the car has to dispose of it at the end of its life no matter whats its condition

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
In answer to the original question, the answer appears to be 'yes you can'.

MG-Rover are responsible for all cars sold after the buyout, but not before. Ok - so should our next rally be a collection of all old rusty BL products and delivering them to BMW dealers up and down the land? If we could get 100 scrap-heap vehicles to that one it would seriously piss off some poor sod working at a BMW dealer!

·
Registered
rover_100
34 Posts
The BMW bashing is getting a little tiresome....just like the P4, BMW couldn't make a go of Rover, BUT they did provide a massive loan thats kept the company going since 2000....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Peter said:
The BMW bashing is getting a little tiresome....just like the P4, BMW couldn't make a go of Rover, BUT they did provide a massive loan thats kept the company going since 2000....
Not for me, if the glove fits wear it!

This loan and loads of other restrictions are why we are where we are today!

Martin B

·
Registered
989 Posts
Peter said:
they stole rovers future (the new mini being all rovers ) and stole lr and after they made the x5 sold it off. ill never forgive them for what they did. the 45 replacement would probably have been 3 years old this year if bmw didnt run off with mini.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,679 Posts
But to be blunt, the new MINI is an effeminate piece of kacky sheet, so it suits bimmers modern 'estate agent/drug dealer done good' image admirably.

DD

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Peter said:
Yes, very true Peter, we really should be grateful for that, in hindsight.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Diesel Dick said:
But to be blunt, the new MINI is an effeminate piece of kacky sheet, so it suits bimmers modern 'estate agent/drug dealer done good' image admirably.

DD
Some merit in that observation but, they are selling like the proverbial apparently. The punters like them. Sales = cash flow - which would have gone Rover's way had the then Government not allowed the Bavarian Vultures to descend and pick the whole shebang up for relative peanuts, cherry pick, sell off and then just like vultures, take off leaving near bare bones..

Some folks back then had sufficient nouse and insight to see all that coming saying so at the time and that it would all end in tears. Why were those ******** so determined to put For Sale signs on anything and everything.

Result: Most of the Nation's "Family Silver" (not my words by the way but a Conservative from an era worthy of respect) now in Alien hands and control having allowed that to happen whilst at the same time warning of an ever increasing alien control in the form of Brussels (EU)control. Doesn't equate! Clueless, spineless and determined in their efforts to follow poisonous agendas. The mugs were truly taken in and voted for all that and worse in their millions. I'll never forgive them.

It's a good job only really insightful people have been in charge of this former great, green and pleasant during the past couple of decades. Just imagine the state we would be in if incompetents, corrupt and the uncaring had been running things for the past few decades. Doesn't bear thinking about does it?

Still, why should I care, I'm alright Jack.... now where's those loverly BMW brochures ..... The German economy could use some of my hard to come by.....Yeah, on a long hook!

Britain ... Great only at getting it wrong.

Go on, prove me wrong ... I'll be delighted if you do, but, I wont hold my breath.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Peter said:
Good grief Peter !! There are those who will never tire of so doing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts