MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Try a search. They have been ridiculed many a time ;)

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
£140 and a tenner post, i'm in the wrong game! :lol:

I'd say nothing more than a cheap cone filter and a standard PC fan mackled together, i'd avoid it. :)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
i'm going to start selling £2 PC fans and cheap filters for a ton. I wish i'd have jumped on the "resistor of justice" wagon a long time ago :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
find me a PC fan that does 25000 rpm and draws 30 amps and u might be right about it being total rubbish.. they seem to offering a money back guarantee so u never know it might work..??

one thing is clear it aint a simple PC fan.. if the 30 amp motor has enough grunt i see no reason why it wont do what they claim it to even if it does seem to be too simple to be true.. he he

trog

·
Registered
556 Posts
find me a PC fan that does 25000 rpm and draws 30 amps and u might be right about it being total rubbish.. they seem to offering a money back guarantee so u never know it might work..??

one thing is clear it aint a simple PC fan.. if the 30 amp motor has enough grunt i see no reason why it wont do what they claim it to even if it does seem to be too simple to be true.. he he

trog
It will not work. ;)

Electric superchargers have been made, but they've used three starter motor sized motors to drive an modified supercharger, costs thousands, and require a completely uprated electrical system just to get the thing to turn. In other words, to make any gains at all, you need a *smidge* more power than the one on Ebay. ;)

Let's face it, if it worked, we'd all have them! All the Ebay ones do is stick a restriction in the intake, and sap power from your electrical system, meaning less is available for things like, well, running the engine!

·
Registered
14,789 Posts

trog
Ok then, you buy one and let us know how you get on. ;)

·
Registered
7,688 Posts

trog
You brought one of those "Mod Chips" as well, didn't you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
interesting article that one.. i must admit to it taking a far more powerfull electric motor to drive the turbine than i would have guessed at.. but given a small-ish engine and a more modest improvement in horse power required than they were after in the article the idea seems feasible..

but as u all say the ebay one aint gonna do much.. he he..

trog

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Whats the point ??????? I know the fleabay thing is a joke but as for the real mccoy .....

it draws electrical power which is generated by sapping power from the engine, why not just supercharge then - yeah maybe more control over the revs but whyy ????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts