MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
patricia hewitt must be discredited as far as possible if MGR are to survive. sadly, there isn't enough work for 6000 workers at Longbridge, but I genuinely believe there is a place for a smaller MG Rover producing fewer cars. She has damaged MG Rover (almost irrepairably) and she must fall on her sword, admit her mistake ,and give Rover some credibility back.

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Eitherway, we have to face facts here, MGR as it currently stands is finished. The China deal appears to be dead and thanks to F*ckwit MGR has no creditibility.

The only way forward is going to be painful, one way or the other as far as I can see.

The only way for the government to regain some face is to nationalise the company. Lets face it, it's probably going to be the cheaper option rather than pay the dole moeny for tens of thousands of workers.

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
Just heard an MP being interviewed on Sky News, her constituency must be in Brum, she was giving out stink as to why Hewitt had released the news of "Receivership" and minutes after the press conference the PVH directors had said this was not so.....

·
Registered
838 Posts
technozen said:
Just heard an MP being interviewed on Sky News, her constituency must be in Brum, she was giving out stink as to why Hewitt had released the news of "Receivership" and minutes after the press conference the PVH directors had said this was not so.....
Well, I would supsect if her own MP's are stabbing her in the back, that only an absolutely cast iron statement from John Towers admitting that the fault was his will save her. And I dont see this being forthcoming atm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts