MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I visited the warehouse of body styling parts retailer M-99 on Monday to pick up 2 pairs of MGF side scoops. Having read various threads regarding problems with deliveries from the company, and delivery charges, I was keen to collect the goods in person.

The warehouse had a good number of MGF/TF parts in stock and the quality of the glass fibre mouldings is good. I chatted with the owner, Dave, about a possible group buy and discounts he could offer.

Firstly, Dave has offered a 10% discount (excl. postage) to .org members buying from his eBay shop x-f-o-r-t-y-n-i-n-e-x

Secondly, Dave has offered discounted prices on MGF/TF parts from M-99 for collection in person.

Rover MGF 'RoverSport' Rear Boot Spoiler - £48.00
Rover MGF Trophy 160 Rear Boot Spoiler (inc. 2 x Legs) - £62.00
Rover MGF Trophy 160 Front Spoiler - £48.00
Rover MGF Trophy 160 Front Spoiler with Light Surrounds - £49.00
Rover MGF K&H / KH Front Splitter / Spoiler - £39.00
Rover MGF Air Vent / Scoop / Intake Extensions (Pair) - £19.00
Rover MG TF 'GT' Front Spoiler - £65.00
Rover MG TF Trophy Rear Boot Spoiler (inc. 2 x Legs) - £62.00

The prices are for collection only. You could do this yourself from Newark, or I will try to coordinate a bulk order and arrange to collect and distribute through the .org mates network with other members hopefully helping out.

I am not involved in M-99's business in any way, but an merely trying to help fellow .org'ers get a good deal on body parts.

Paul

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't get the bit that reads 39 plus 30 quid postage or you can collect I.e no postage for just 48 quid is my maths giving up on me? lol
Been over that in the previous thread - not defending the bloke, but postage is the same on all his body styling items. Total price is what you should be looking at.

·
Registered
mgf
3,976 Posts
Well, to be honest the P&P is a con then, otherwise the price you pay on walking through the door is the £39.

Call it what you like, I call it a rip off, sorry.

·
Registered
mgf
917 Posts
con! the man's a fraudster advertising a price then p&p but if you collect the price isnt the advertised price. is this some sort of tax dodge? personelly id pefer to pay an extra 5~10 quid for a more honest deal

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
con! the man's a fraudster advertising a price then p&p but if you collect the price isnt the advertised price. is this some sort of tax dodge? personelly id pefer to pay an extra 5~10 quid for a more honest deal
has all been said before.........

Been over that in the previous thread - not defending the bloke, but postage is the same on all his body styling items. Total price is what you should be looking at.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Personally I dont agree with the inflated delivery costs but as Phil says, Paul has just offered his services to co ordinate some sort of collection / delivery service to help people on .org
He could have (and probably wishes he had) just kept his gob shut. I know I have benefitted from Pauls help as one of the pairs of side scoops he has collected is for me. I was going to buy some anyway for £30 odd quid or whatever they are but Paul got me some for much less, for which I am thankful!..........Thanks mate :clap:

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Looking at previous threads posted and paying for p + p when you collecting in person is a no no for me, It was explained that it was due to the software they use, put paying for a service (p+p) that you dont require is not on.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
soooooooooooo, let me get this right, if i was to actually goto their warehouse and ask for a set of scoops, i wouldnt be paying the advertised £9.95 but something more like £20?

if this is the case then im certainly put off cus their warehouse is not far from me and i never realised, but am in need of some scoops, but if i turn up and he is just going to make up some figure then im not sure now :errx2:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
You are not a million miles from him so yeah, you could collect some from him at £19 or get some delivered from ebay at £30 odd quid, if / when they come on. There were some on recently for a buy it now price but not seen any for auction for a while.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You are not a million miles from him so yeah, you could collect some from him at £19 or get some delivered from ebay at £30 odd quid, if / when they come on. There were some on recently for a buy it now price but not seen any for auction for a while.

Hmmm, think i may give him a ring somepoint tomorrow, if i get good answers then i may make a call to him myself on monday, thats assuming hes got some in stock!?!!?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
reason for inflated delivery charge when on ebay can only be circumvention of ebay fees which is against ebay rules.

edit!! forget that I re read the first post as it is so complicated and realised that bizarrely it's not the ebay prices that have the inflated shipping (I think)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
reason for inflated delivery charge when on ebay can only be circumvention of ebay fees which is against ebay rules.

edit!! forget that I re read the first post as it is so complicated and realised that bizarrely it's not the ebay prices that have the inflated shipping (I think)

Very true rosso!!

·
Registered
mgf
3,976 Posts
The only reason for the price structure with inflated P&P is to pay less commission to Ebay. And to be honest, if a person feels the need to bite the hand that feeds him I would not feel comfortable buying from him. Ebay gives him access to buyers, and Ebay has an open price setting, if this seller does not like it or feels it is to high, he is free you use other mediums to reach potential customers.

Or, to put it one way, he is willing to fiddle a little here, what's to stop him fiddling a little there...... If he is willing to stiff Ebay....

But, that's just my point of view.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
soooooooooooo, let me get this right, if i was to actually goto their warehouse and ask for a set of scoops, i wouldnt be paying the advertised £9.95 but something more like £20?

if this is the case then im certainly put off cus their warehouse is not far from me and i never realised, but am in need of some scoops, but if i turn up and he is just going to make up some figure then im not sure now :errx2:
Thats right , advertised at £ 9.95 and then picked up should be £ 9.95. no more no less.
How can you add shipping costs when there aint no shipping.

This price manipulation really does give me the needle.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I tend to not give my business to those I don't trust and this M99 business just doesn't and never has smelt right to me, but kudos to Paul for trying to pull it together.
It's the complete lack of transparency and multiple websites that needle me, rather than the inflated shipping costs.
I don't mind paying as long as I can meerkat the market and make sure, all in, it's a good price.
R.

·
Registered
mgf
369 Posts
Not saying it's right, but blame E-bay for the high P&P, sellers do it to keep thier costs down and therefore some extra pennies in your pocket. The collection cost is cheaper than delivered so it's a good deal.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts