MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
Does anyone have a phone number for Discount MG Rover Spares (Matt?)?
I have placed an order and received an item but i have a query regarding the item. I have emailed [email protected] a couple of times but had no response.
Kindest regards

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
Hello there, we're here - you can either message me on here, or post your query below and I'll sort it for you.
We've had a lot of emails going to our 'Spam' folder as we've had an influx of junk messages recently.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello there, we're here - you can either message me on here, or post your query below and I'll sort it for you.
We've had a lot of emails going to our 'Spam' folder as we've had an influx of junk messages recently.
Dear Discount MG Rover Spares,

Apologies I was not aware you were having technical issues with emails as I have sent four to you over the last 8 days without reply. As you emails are not effective I will post my query here as requested. I'm not a fan of airing dirty laundry in public but as it is your request....

RE: Order Number 4468 - MG ZT CDTi Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement Kit
I have received a clutch master cylinder yesterday for my MGTZ 2.0CDTI, please see picture attached. Whilst the unit certainly looks like a sturdy construction and the arrangement of reservoir and bolt holes looks like it could be a suitable replacement for the original unit, I thought I should check with you first in case there has been a picking / packing error.

If the master cylinder received is a suitable replacement for my car then excellent; well nearly excellent. My box contained ONLY the master cylinder and no connecting pipe or adaptor to fit the male/female push together union which joins the master cyl to the slave cyl.

Please let me know if this unit is correct and also advise regarding the connecting pipework as I am sure the kit I ordered was a complete kit, not just the cylinder?

Kind regards
Andy Montgomery

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
12 Posts
Order delivery

Dear Discount MG Rover Spares,
I note that you were having technical issues with emails. As I have also sent you previous e-mails, I too am using this forum to make contact.
Thank you for your e-mail dated 11th December 2014 stating that my order no#4862 has been despatched.
Unfortunately the link that you provided for checking the status of my order does not work.
It would be appreciated if you can you check the link and provide me with the name of the courier that my cam belt kit has been given to.

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
12 Posts
Order delivery

Thanks Rockey5uk2001. I checked all the other couriers I could think of except this one. It's on it's way with expected delivery by the 22nd December!!!! Not particularly helpful as someone needs to be in to sign for it!!!! At least it's put my mind to rest as these items aren't cheap.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Thanks Rockey5uk2001. I checked all the other couriers I could think of except this one. It's on it's way with expected delivery by the 22nd December!!!! Not particularly helpful as someone needs to be in to sign for it!!!! At least it's put my mind to rest as these items aren't cheap.
I've got to admit, altho DMGR is "cheap" and ive know Mattyprice for ages and he seemed like a nice guy back than, reading all the latest comments/quries i would be hesitant to order anything, think id rather pay that bit more and collect from my local motor factor! or rimmer bro's!

Shame hope the service improves as my order grows bigger & bigger.

·
Registered
mg_zs
3 Posts
Dear Discount MG Rover Spares I have sent 4 emails to you since Saturday 31 Jan but had no reply concerning my Order #5455. (3 to dmgrs and 1 to Matt)

As I said in one of my emails I may have left out a crucial line of the delivery address which will make the package undeliverable (according to Royal Mail)

As I have asked before, can someone please ring or email me to sort this out.

William Majurey

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
When i ran my repair business i ordered in excess of over £1,500 worth of parts from DMGRS

After time the parcels got longer and longer to get here and finally i was lucky to even recieve them in a week or so

Leaving customers waiting and waiting and waiting

Customer service and communication was poor and had to really chase for any form of answers

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
I have used DMGR for the first time this week.

Great service in my view.

Ordered on Sunday and received today.

Had no issues with communication either. Although I contacted Mat through Facebook.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I've used DMGRS a few times now. Great availability, selection of parts and good web site but all this is let down by long delivery times. I've learned to only order from DMGRS if I'm not in a rush for something.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have used DMGRS in the past for my Diesel 600 and found the service to be great.

Also a question for DMGRS, are you planning to stock service kits (filters and timing belts etc) for the Honda engine'd 600s? Have just acquired a 623 and would like to give her a service.

Cheers _b

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used them once and that was enough. No response to communications, long wait, wrong parts delivered. I eventually got the right part.

One has to ask why DMGRS solicits contact only via on-line forums.

Matt really needs to sharpen up his customer service if he wants to make a serious go of his business. I won't use them again and I now have three MGR cars.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi there I had a N series head gasket kit from your self to fit on my rebuilt engine but its developed a oil leak which looks like its coming from in between the layer's of the gasket. I've had the head removed and rechecked by myself and engineering firm which has come back as well below the 0.05mm wrap limit, block was also checked before and after and liners have been rechecked and confirmed as sitting at level at 4thou. Could I have a faulty gasket as the upper and lower rear layers of the gasket have bubbled? Will drop you email too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts