MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I have had a complete disaster. I have just got home to find that I have lost my mgf key and remote thingy. I dont have a spare, so what do I do now!!

Im going to ring around the bars I visited tonight but im not confident of finding it, please advise what I should do now

:(

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Might be worth speaking to your insurer if you can't locate the keys - they *may* be able to help...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I rang the pub we ate at last night and my keys have been handed in to the bar... result!!!

I think it might be worth me having a second key cut just in case I do something stupid like this again in the future.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
I carry a spare key to the boot on a piece of string around my neck - not that I'm paranoid about locking my keys in the boot!

Nigel
I've got it programmed into me whenever I shut the boot, I have the keys in my hand before I close it. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've got it programmed into me whenever I shut the boot, I have the keys in my hand before I close it. :)
Only had my car 4 weeks now and have read so many posts on here re: locking keys in the boot that I also make sure i am actually looking at my keys whilest i am closing the boot!

Chris

·
Registered
123 Posts
Why not leave the keys in the lock when you open and close the boot? I can understand if you're unloading lots of stuff on your own in a dodgy area, but for just a quick job it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Why not leave the keys in the lock when you open and close the boot? I can understand if you're unloading lots of stuff on your own in a dodgy area, but for just a quick job it doesn't bother me.
I'd finish up scratching the paintwork round the lock, that's why I don't bother.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Like Loaky says, that scratches all the paint around the lock!

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts